Thread: Urodynamics prep

Urodynamics prep

I have a urodynamics appointment tomorrow afternoon. Is there any prep work or any restrictions other than going in with a full bladder?

Do you have history of autonomic dysreflexia? If so take necessary precautions that you would normally. It can be irritating.
    I have had one myself in the past year. I didn’t find it to be uncomfortable but it is possible. A catheter is inserted to see the bladder and then water fills the bladder to see the capacity of what you bladder can hold.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks nurse. I have a little AD at times.

Can you eat and drink preceding the test?

http://info.bhnco.com/blog/10-things...odynamics-test

it looks like eating/drinking isn’t a problem

I hope the information from this website helps

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.