Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton River (iGlide Tailwind) out of business

Clinton River (iGlide Tailwind) out of business

Did Clinton River just go out of business without telling any of us ahead of time? Ahhhh, please no! And very criminal because if so, they just took money for a new frame and now MIA.

I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Try calling, I have tried for a month, no voice and no reply to emails AND they accepted payment for a whole new frame and wheels before they stopped talking!!!!

Interesting you brought this up, I have been trying to get in touch with them. I have called on and off for the last two months and never get anyone and no one returns my calls. I don't have a big issue just a small question, just odd I can't get a hold of anyone.

How long ago did you place your order? When was the last time you talked to them? Are you dealing directly with them or going through a local dealer?

when iglide was going under, they had the courtesy to give us a year, apologize and not take money and orders they could not fulfill. I've been injured since 1985 and this is the first time a company has really injured the very population they served! Criminal

Both personal communication and via a company hired by Frontier Airlines when they tweaked my frame in Aug. I think CR got sued for the very thing I experienced, chair gone wild syndrome (I have a video). I did not sue as this is and has been the best chair I ever had since 2003 (chairs) and I did not want this to kill
    CR. I begged them to warn me if this was going to happen, years of communication, Andy Mass great. IAN, about a month ago clearly lied to me saying the people that make the frames were holding them up. I trusted and let it go. NuMotion was in on this too.

Order September 19th, thats what I get for trusting!!!

The repair company will likely go after them criminally so I am hesitant to say their name but they have been so awesome and attentive ever since my flight in Aug. Frontier may be a cheap airline but they take care of disabled riders unlike CR that has left me stranded

I did not know about the lawsuit so I looked it up, $7.6 million for a broken leg is crazy.

I have never had any issues but don't like the way the chair turns off after a period of inactivity. I want to chair to just turn off, instead it keeps power to the wheels and flashes lights to let you know it is about to cut off. I can't see the light unless I lean over. It is not uncommon for me to stop, talk to someone for a second and then leave not knowing the chair is about to turn off. I have got in the habit of rocking back and forth slightly when I stop to keep the chair powered on.

I suggest you also contact your credit card company. Worth talking to them even at this late date. I'm very sorry this happened to you.