Thread: Bladder stones zapped

Bladder stones zapped

This past Thursday, I had a couple of bladder stones dealt with, in the hope that so doing would solve the problem of my blood pressure elevation. To this point, that hasn't been the case. I am still having elevated blood pressure often, with sweating and without. Interestingly, it goes up almost every night before midnight, which is my last BP check of the day. I had a CT scan of the chest abdomen and pelvis a couple of weeks ago to look for any possible causes of dysreflexia, but nothing was found.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Keep looking. It has to be something. It is also possible that your body will simply take more time to calm own after the treatment. I would give it a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Keep looking. It has to be something. It is also possible that your body will simply take more time to calm own after the treatment. I would give it a few weeks.
    I would look for any bad pressure spots on your skin. Butt and feet first.

How long after eating do you have this problem? Have you been checked for gall bladder stones or inflammation?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    How long after eating do you have this problem? Have you been checked for gall bladder stones or inflammation?

(KLD)

Quite a while after eating, usually. 5+ hours sometime. Other times, the BP goes up during the day. For example, right now, it is fine. I'm sitting here, and it's around 100/70. At the next check in about an hour, it could be 40 points higher (and I will have been tilting plenty during that hour, as I always do.) Or, it could still be fine. But, however it is during the day, it's almost certain that the pressure will be 140s or 150s by bedtime, and I'll wear my Nitro-Bid for the night.

Once in a while, the reason for the rise will be found, such as stool requiring evacuation.

My gallbladders been looked at, with no problems seen.

Thank you for the ideas.
    Alan

You are on nitrobid for a reason at bedtime and overnight. Why is that? It’s to lower your elevated BP at night. That is a specific diagnosis we’re you told what it is?

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

No specific diagnosis was found. My doctor told me to use it when the pressure is high.
    Alan

Are you still having problems?
    ckf

Yes, I'm still having the problem. My my chest/abdominal/pelvic CT was examined by several of my doctors, none of whom saw anything anywhere that could cause pain. The only difference between those scan and the same set of scans in 2005 with a couple of additional small liver hemangiomas providing company to the larger one that I've had.

My skin has no openings. Hemorrhoid cream issues after every bowel program in the digital stimulation that goes with them. I have no dysreflexia symptoms a few minutes after a bowel program. My Foley has remained unblocked.

There is the occasional day when I don't need, or to use, the Nitro-Bid. If the BP is in the 130s, I let it go.
    Alan