Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for mattress recommendations

Question Searching for mattress recommendations

I currently have an adjustable Tempur-pedic. I ordered for ?Firm? roughly 4 years ago. For those who are looking for full mattresses I would not recommend the Tempur-pedic. It stayed firm for about a year and then really became soft. So soft to the point where mobility is reduced and assisted slide board transfers are difficult. I don?t way more than 140 pounds Dash yet I think at least 5 inches in a 12 inch mattress.

Some questions:
    What are peoples thoughts on the sleep number?
    I?m searching for a mattress that I can add to the adjustable frame and I would like it to be as firm as possible for transfers and rolling/pressure relief during the night.
    I tried to Casper mattress and it is very similar to the Tempur-pedic and did not solve any issues. Has anyone tried the purple mattress?
    As a C5 quad that needs to adjust the height during infections in during. Times of weaknessYes I?m searching for any opinions or successes with particular beds/mattresses. Any thoughts?

( I will edit for grammar, clarity and sentence structure ASAP ? having technical computer issues)

def sleepnumber with adjustable base best purchase we have made bed wise. im c5-6 and use the head adjust alot for dressing and moving around........get a good one not the cheapy. great for my skin.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thanks for the recommendation. Sleep number been top of my list… I’m attempting to determine which model would be the best. May I ask what model you purchased?
    Also – thanks for the past on the TRT recommendati. It has helped considerably.

Sleep Number as well, the iLE. Mine is 3 years old now.

we have the p5.......... mid level i believe. if i were replacing tomorrow i'd go p6 or i7, i8.

glad the trt helped
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Sleep number been top of my list… I’m attempting to determine which model would be the best. May I ask what model you purchased?
    Also – thanks for the past on the TRT recommendati. It has helped considerably.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    we have the p5.......... mid level i believe. if i were replacing tomorrow i'd go p6 or i7, i8.

glad the trt helped
    awesome. thank you.

Yes slerpnumber is the best thing I did I have the p7 and love it. I just wish I got the adjustable base but couldn’t afford it. But anyway if you do sleep number make sure you get dual chamber even if it’s just one person in bed! Also do you guys know if insurance will help pay for a bed for us at all? I want a new one but they are crazy expensive

I use the span America pressureguard CFT on a transfermaster bed. If you don't need a powered pressure relieving/rotating system it's a good choice. It has six (or eight) full-length air chambers overlaid by pressure relieving phone with firmer foam along the borders so edge stability is maintained when transferring and short sitting on the edge of the bed. You can modify the air pressure in the chambers, though you should never go below the baseline, nor go excessively above that otherwise the service will become too firm.

I checked the pressure in the chambers once a month as I do think they lose air slightly over time, contrary to what the company says. It comes with the device to check the pressure and a pump as well.

You can get more information on the website for Span America.

I bought a long C2 twin size Sleep Number to fit our split king frame. It has a 2" foam top that I found too hard. I had a 2" memory foam topper ($40) left over from another mattress experiment and it fit perfectly in the Sleep Number zippered cover, giving me a total 4" of foam padding. The C4 mattress cost twice ($1400) what the C2 mattress costs ($700) and only has 3" of foam on top. The P6 version costs ($2200) more than three times what I spent, for only one inch more padding. Other styles go up from there.

I tried the Purple Mattress but found it very difficult to roll on.

For Jeramie360, I had an Invacare adjustable hospital bed that, with the legs removed and some minimal carpentry, fit in our existing king bed frame. These hospital style beds are often available for next to nothing on Craig's List.
    Last edited by endo_aftermath; 12-20-2018 at 07:21 PM.

I have the same experience with Tempurpedic. It's great for the first year, then it starts to get soft. They will replace under warranty. I start with the firmest Tempurpedic available. I think the problem is that I spend most of each day in bed, without moving.

I have a lot of fear about switching mattresses, say to a Sleep Number. I know that Tempurpedic works for me and doesn't cause pressure sores, at least for the first year. It's so difficult for me to gauge how a mattress is doing, because I have no sensation where there could be a pressure sore. And I don't weight shift when I sleep either, I might be in one position for 6 hours easily.