Thread: Amazon echo dot working independently

Blog Entries

Amazon echo dot working independently

Does the Amazon echo dot work fully independently of the main echo? If so, why would you buy the more expensive main echo?

Blog Entries
    It has a full range/frequency speaker. Much better if you use it to listen to music. If you already have a decent external Bluetooth speaker, then the Dot is fine IMO. They're exactly the same, otherwise.
    Last edited by Oddity; 12-12-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I have a Show, a Dot, and the Alexa app on my laptop. I use them all extensively.

Quote Originally Posted by cjo View Post
    I have a Show, a Dot, and the Alexa app on my laptop. I use them all extensively.
    we have a dot and one of our sonos is the sonos one with alexa. use them all the time. just got nest thermostat and love it with alexa.........
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    we have a dot and one of our sonos is the sonos one with alexa. use them all the time. just got nest thermostat and love it with alexa.........
    I love controlling our Nest thermostat as well. I control all of the lights on the main floor, can see and talk to whoever is at my door through the Show and Ring doorbell, change the volume of music or TVs with Sonos, and control Dish Network by voice. All of it makes life easier. I feel like I'm living in the future.

I love controlling our Nest thermostat as well. I control all of the lights on the main floor, can see and talk to whoever is at my door through the Show and Ring doorbell, change the volume of music or TVs with Sonos, and control Dish Network by voice. All of it makes life easier. I feel like I'm living in the future.
    Agreed, I wish they had this technology 25 years ago when I was first injured!

we would like to do more. lights, tv, soundbar etc. we have uverse and i dont see a skill for it. do u have the nest wifi door lock??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer