Thread: Why is the Q700 Ergo so much more expensive than the Q700 Pro?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why is the Q700 Ergo so much more expensive than the Q700 Pro?

I am looking at two of the Quickie front wheel power wheelchairs which look like the sort of thing that I will probably go for. I decided against mid-wheel and rearwheel drive because I go over the grass, gravel and visit a lot of fishing ponds and having the big wheels at the front is by far the best option in my case.

However, I'm looking at the Q700 F Sedeo pro and the Sedeo Ergo. I'm doing a comparison with chair specifications side-by-side and to be honest they look very much the same. However, the starting price for the Ergo is ?12,750 compared to the Pro. Which is almost half at ?6750. I'm going to assume that the starting price may include seat tilt but not seat raise and electric leg rest? It doesn't mention anything about motors but you can get both versions with the same speed and battery power. Doesn't mention much about the backrest, however there are slight differences in minimum and maximum seat size on both chairs . However, I don't see why that should make such a big difference in the price. There has got to be a very good reason why the Ergo is twice the price of the Pro.

Since as far as I could tell we don't have those chairs for sale in US. But, I went UK Quickie site to look. Is the Ergo built for a stander? where the other one, Ergo is not?
    Be honest it was pretty confusing since look same except spects just showed mms of differences in sizes.
    Have you been able to talk with a Quickie Rep to bring out to demo or clear up what differences are in the two?

The price for each wheelchair listed on the website is only the starting price. So for instance, the Ergo priced at ?12,750 comes as standard with a reclining backrest and electric leg rests, it doesn't come with seat raise and seat tilt, that is extra and will cost about ?1500. The Pro is listed on the website as starting from ?6750. This doesn't include electric backrest or leg rests and I also understand that the seating is slightly different.

In the last six months I've had an awful lot of problems with my Permobil 500. However, as much as I've cursed and moaned about it I still have a soft spot for it and therefore plan on keeping hold of it. Hopefully nothing else is going to go wrong now. In fact, the right-hand motor packed up on me the other day and I had it replaced yesterday. I'm still going to get another power wheelchair, whether that's the Quickie made or front wheel drive I really don't know. I'm tempted to go with the mid-drive because it may the manoeuvrability I need.

I was toying with the idea of removing the Permolock and installing a Dhal restraint system so I could use the new Quickie in the vehicle. Having said that, that would then mean the Permobil would not clamp into place because it will only work with its own restraint system. But I have spoken to a couple of adaption companies and they seem to think that it would be possible to adapt the Permobil to work with the Dhal. I think it would just be a case of attaching the Dhal system to the bottom of the Permobil. But I think for the time being I'm going to stay as I am and make sure the Quickie works properly and just keep the Permobil for going fishing and using if I need to go out driving in my van. One advantage will be that the new wheelchair went be subjected to all the mud and dirt at the fishing ponds :-)

"Thank you" for clearing up on pricing. Guess just difference in countries since here they show bas price and then everything is piled on separately to get to "GRAND" total. Still confusing since insurance will only allow lower amount on each component Ex: Power Recline MSRP $XX,XXX where insurance only allows a fraction of that amount.
    Docking systems seems like they go in different directions to just cause more confusion. Looked at Dhal and see what you mean that Permobil 500 not limited but their newer powerchairs like F Series are listed.
    Here use be EZ-Loc and now think 4 different companies are on market now. I'm just happy I can still able to transfer to drive from Driver's seat.
    Cause I still have few powerchairs from old Jazzy 1100(Tank) for yard on off chance need to access yard off sidewalk)had 3 of these over the years think quit making back in mid 90's), AmySystem AllTrack R3 HD and Quantum 6000 that use for doctor appointments due to narrow and maneuverability. Even still have a old 21st Century Scientific H-Frame just because she is my baby.

If your thinking of trying Dhal system I'd talk with a installer and see of plate could be adapted to your 500 and still new Quick plate still work.

hi Mike,

Don't mean to highjack original post but would you mind sharing your opinion of the AmySystem AllTrack R3? Looking at it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    hi Mike,

Don't mean to highjack original post but would you mind sharing your opinion of the AmySystem AllTrack R3? Looking at it myself.
    Sure, I think the thread on it has great bit more information and on newer version than mine, it's at least 7 year old chair now:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-it-holding-up
    Mr. Kulea wrote a very great writeup on his and it looks to be newer than mine, too.
    My main complaint is measurements, I replied on person that had not worked with before and seating is to large. Foot-board drags easily and since new owners of DME they never interested in addressing the issues.
    That's why mostly use Quantum 6000 due to seating is correct size and I don't lean as much as well as narrower.
    Cons of AmySystem R3 HD if done over I'd went with Group 22NF save 1" overall width. I'd also should of used my own measurements from previous ordered chairs and hind sight is great so I'd ask Amy Rep on how adjust length of articulating footboard.
    Pros of Amy, well built, good speed. I try to avoid off hard surfaces but it will climb rural curbs in our area forward or backwards with footboard raised. Rear hybrid castors set close in, less slapping around when backing compared to the 6000. Course Group 24 batteries not only longer range but seem to have longer useful life cycle compared to Group 22NF or Group 34's, too.
    If things like cost over everything else continue to rule, I think the industry ought to have their Reps do measurements and do the setup once delivered as well as fine tuning the programming.
    The Permobil Rep done Mama's C350 measurements when he bought one out for her to Demo a few days before I Demoed the Amys.
    Her C350 fits her well!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Sure, I think the thread on it has great bit more information and on newer version than mine, it's at least 7 year old chair now:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-it-holding-up
    Mr. Kulea wrote a very great writeup on his and it looks to be newer than mine, too.
    My main complaint is measurements, I replied on person that had not worked with before and seating is to large. Foot-board drags easily and since new owners of DME they never interested in addressing the issues.
    That's why mostly use Quantum 6000 due to seating is correct size and I don't lean as much as well as narrower.
    Cons of AmySystem R3 HD if done over I'd went with Group 22NF save 1" overall width. I'd also should of used my own measurements from previous ordered chairs and hind sight is great so I'd ask Amy Rep on how adjust length of articulating footboard.
    Pros of Amy, well built, good speed. I try to avoid off hard surfaces but it will climb rural curbs in our area forward or backwards with footboard raised. Rear hybrid castors set close in, less slapping around when backing compared to the 6000. Course Group 24 batteries not only longer range but seem to have longer useful life cycle compared to Group 22NF or Group 34's, too.
    If things like cost over everything else continue to rule, I think the industry ought to have their Reps do measurements and do the setup once delivered as well as fine tuning the programming.
    The Permobil Rep done Mama's C350 measurements when he bought one out for her to Demo a few days before I Demoed the Amys.
    Her C350 fits her well!
    Thank you, Mike.

My rep came today and I am sitting in the aMYr3 as I type.

Obviously, as a trial chair it is not exactly tailored to me but feels promising. This has the center mount leg rest and it interferes with my leg bag emptier. Rider is much smoother then my 646.

Suspension actually makes bumps less jarring.

This demo has flared front end. I would opt for straight. Flared makes for some tricky maneuvering in tight spaces / turns.

I've never had tilt before. Feels wonderful!

Armrests are single pole. I can feel them bending already as I push up on them. Go dual post for sure. Shout out thank you to Kulea as well for pointing out those issues.

Merry Christmas, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Thank you, Mike.

My rep came today and I am sitting in the aMYr3 as I type.

Obviously, as a trial chair it is not exactly tailored to me but feels promising. This has the center mount leg rest and it interferes with my leg bag emptier. Rider is much smoother then my 646.

Suspension actually makes bumps less jarring.

This demo has flared front end. I would opt for straight. Flared makes for some tricky maneuvering in tight spaces / turns.

I've never had tilt before. Feels wonderful!

Armrests are single pole. I can feel them bending already as I push up on them. Go dual post for sure. Shout out thank you to Kulea as well for pointing out those issues.

Merry Christmas, Mike.
    I went with R3 HD doubt makes much difference on armrest strength. But, you might ask the Rep while he's there or when picks up Demo.
    My thighs roll out so I went with cantilever armrests with thigh supports.
    Mine has powered tilt, recline and centermounted articulating footboard.
    If I might ask is it the calfpads causing problem with leg bag emptier? Would smaller pads help? Would split footboard help get enough room to help with emptier?
    I think still get with individual legrests?
    "Good Luck" with Demo and with your decisions!