Thread: Winter mittens

Winter mittens

I don't normally wear anything on my hands when outside in the winter, but probably should, except I have trouble finding mittens for my quad hands that allows me to operate my goalpost-style joystick. Any recs?

You could try mitten style but fingerless. My daughter uses those in the winter. They don't keep the hands as warm as a fully closed mitten but it is better than going without anything.

Could you use a convertible mitten/glove like these?
    https://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Converti...308920986&psc=

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I use this type but with the suede palms, not as slippery when trying to push my wheelchair thru the snow.

It would probably be difficult to get my fingers individually in the gloves.

This is similar to what my daughter uses. One hole for thumb and then an open space for the rest of the fingers. Once a task is done, you can move the cover over all the fingers.

https://www.amazon.com/MIRMARU-Women...erless+mittens

This most likely is useless but if you have help you might look for glove liners(silk or man made material cloves to fit under either mittens or gloves). My poor circulation and sensation problems I found these under whichever glove or mittens wear to help with keeping fingers warmer with better circulation(Fingers not pale).
    Some had mentioned to me to use glove chemcial warmer packs or battery powered gloves but doctor recommended to not do these due to lost of sensation that might burn skin with realizing it!
    Good Luck!