Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bladder neck closure - still leaking

Quote Originally Posted by ValanM View Post
    Also why is treating this fistula considered difficult?
    Because, as above, getting to it surgically is difficult due to the other organs, nerves, and blood vessels in that area. Also, urine being such an irritatant to soft tissue, it is nearly impossible for the fistula to close back up itself, even if urine is diverted (such as with a temporary SP catheter).

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Because, as above, getting to it surgically is difficult due to the other organs, nerves, and blood vessels in that area. Also, urine being such an irritatant to soft tissue, it is nearly impossible for the fistula to close back up itself, even if urine is diverted (such as with a temporary SP catheter).

(KLD)
    Looks like I'm in a hopeless situation. As this needs to be fixed..Does the surgery have many risks, can it mess up things .. and if u have to compare the fistula surgery with augmentation cystoplasty, as the latter itself is a big surgery. I might be asking too many queries ..Its getting me depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ValanM View Post
    Looks like I'm in a hopeless situation. As this needs to be fixed..Does the surgery have many risks, can it mess up things .. and if u have to compare the fistula surgery with augmentation cystoplasty, as the latter itself is a big surgery. I might be asking too many queries ..Its getting me depressed.
    Get back with your surgeon. This is not something we can resolve through our forums.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Sure thanks SCI