Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking vitamin D

What happens if I don’t get enough vitamin D?

My favorite food health sites.
    https://draxe.com
    http://www.whfoods.com
    Drastically changed my lifestyle due to depression and losing 50lbs.
    My new diet is mainly Oatmeal 2 kiwis. Sockeye salmon, chicken, broccoli, carrots. spinach. Fried food take once a week.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Vitamin D is not just a vitamin. It has been shown not only to be important for bone Heath but the immune system, mental health especially depression and research is. Ring done on others such as schizophrenia; also diabetes, hypertension, heart disease , energy, 5 cancers, . There has never been a link with bladder stones or kidney stones. Your doctor is looking at the level in your blood and is just getting you to normal range. Also possibly impacts o deity, sterility and reproduction. All pregnant women now take extra vitamin D and babies take extra the first year of their life. And forget that sun business. If for whatever reason you don’t have a normal range- you do not need more sun- it can cause skin cancer. Google Vitamin D and you will be amazed at all the issues it impacts. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.