Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medicare enrollment and wait period

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I volunteer for a non-profit that helps stressed individuals pay for major medical and every time I call to negotiate payments down I get results. In some cases they have dropped bills entirely and in others they've dropped them to 10% of the bill they sent the patient. It helps that I'm from a foundation when I call. Even the private hospitals have payment plans and debt forgiveness - but they save some of this until they realize the patient has a foundation in their corner then suddenly they care about perceptions.
    Sounds like you’re doing good work.

My hospital isn’t all evil, there’s plenty of patient assistance and hospital sponsorship. It’s just that if you don’t meet the requirements for these programs and you just ignore your bills instead of trying to work something out, we will take your house.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    The hospital I work for will put a lien on your house in a second, if you don’t pay your hospital bill. It’s no longer a public hospital, but they were taking people’s homes even when we were owned by the county... don’t underestimate the hospital CFO’s desire to maximize his multimillion dollar yearly bonus.
    They put a lien on your house my as well cancel your house ins. if the bill is almost the cost of your house. Some of the medicare and other things if you don't sign up when your suppose to then when you get it later you pay more each month.
    I go and visit SS myself and get things in writing. I remember like 20 years ago if you had medicare both A and B they were happy just to get the 80 percent and never bother you again for the other 20 percent. Not today though. Funklab do they send you a letter telling you they put a lien on your house?
    Art

My hospital isn?t all evil, there?s plenty of patient assistance and hospital sponsorship. It?s just that if you don?t meet the requirements for these programs and you just ignore your bills instead of trying to work something out, we will take your house.
    At the Funklab Medical Group and Cartage LLC...we help you get back into good health and incentivize timely payment of your debts
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Shit happens. Having a SCI does not make you immune to the challenges to your health that come with getting older. You could get cancer, have heart disease, get injured in a MVA, get diagnosed with another chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, etc.), and in addition to outpatient care and meds, need hospitalization. It's not cheap. Huge medical bills not covered by insurance is the number one reason in the USA for filing personal bankruptcy. Until we get universal health care, keep your ass covered.

(KLD)
    We really need to have universal health care. I remember when Obama first started his plan for his ins. he would not pass it without a public option to keep the Ins. Co. in line. He caved in on that to ins. co. so he could get his plan threw. He lied and I never cared for him after that.
    Art

Obama essentially adopted HW Bush's insurance mandate idea. Had he not had an overabundance of melanin it would have been embraced by the GOP because it was their idea originally. Single payer FTW.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    At the Funklab Medical Group and Cartage LLC...we help you get back into good health and incentivize timely payment of your debts
    Nothing like being homeless to encourage you to live a healthier life!

I hear the homeless shelters kick people out early in the morning, so you have to walk somewhere (obviously not to your employer, otherwise you would have already had health insurance), so you're getting more exercise. Maybe homelessness is the solution to the obesity epidemic in this country. Taking people's homes in exchange for treating their diabetes might actually help cure them!

I hear the homeless shelters kick people out early in the morning, so you have to walk somewhere (obviously not to your employer, otherwise you would have already had health insurance), so you're getting more exercise. Maybe homelessness is the solution to the obesity epidemic in this country. Taking people's homes in exchange for treating their diabetes might actually help cure them!
    It is thinking outside the box such as this that helped mankind land on the moon, cure diseases, and make great scientific strides. And I believe that this is another paradigm changing idea that will go down in history as one of our greatest achievements

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    There's always a 2 year wait for Medicare after getting approved for SSDI. The only change is that your COBRA benefit goes from 18 months maximum to 24 months maximum to cover the entire gap until Medicare kicks in.
    Also that's only for the initial approval. Once approved you can come off and back on SSDI and not have the waiting period again.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Blog Entries
    In VA even if you're paying a pittance every month toward the balance hospital's can't come after you via collections and liens. You have to TOTALLY ignore the bill for it to escalate to that.

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments