Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a recommendation for voice recognition software.

Samson Go-Mic for $25, stays clipped on my laptop and works well with Dragon. Just plug-and-play, no drama. Ah, simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Nuance did make software but no longer do, probably worked out what many Mac Dragon users had told them that it was a POS and not worth paying for. Mac OS has its own in built dictation now.
    I've seen that Mac has Siri on computers now, not just mobile devices. I thought that I also saw that you can download the interpretation software to your computer. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by EyesOfTexas View Post
    I've seen that Mac has Siri on computers now, not just mobile devices. I thought that I also saw that you can download the interpretation software to your computer. Is that correct?
    MacOS has Siri and voice recognition software built in. They are different, Siri can find things as well as type, voice recognition can type a lot better and control the computer. Voice recognition is similar to Dragon (possibly the same engine) but lacks Dragon's correction and learning ability. I can't use it as a Dragon replacement even if it is quirky.

I use Yeti Blue Nano mic. It is great.

Are you still looking at Dragon Naturally speaking?
    Last edited by NewJersey; 03-06-2019 at 10:42 AM.

I'm using DPI 14 accompanied with KnowBrainer, speech Start, and voice computer which works with everything. However here lately Google has changed and the extension Dragon web which allows more functionality in chrome is very flaky.
    C4 incomplete since 1985