Thread: Bad AD hangover from sex the other night HELP

Bad AD hangover from sex the other night HELP

Ug....sex caused this extreme AD-induced headache the other night and then had the SAME horrifying dysreflexic headache yesterday morning and again this morning doing my bowel program. This NEVER happens. Why is it coming back?? Is it the "AD hangover" I've heard of? Any help appreciated. I still even have a mild headache while typing this...

PS. I def do not have a UTI.
    PPS. No annoying sex comments please thanks
    May the fetus you save be gay

This sounds serious. Are you seeing a doctor soon?

Yes, you should see your doctor asap. Do you have any Nitrobid (nitroglycerine) paste? When I've had severe AD episodes like that, it seems to reset the nervous system for days or even weeks to be much more sensitive to previously tolerated stimulation, e.g. something as minor as wearing elastic in clothes or socks. So when I'm in a post severe AD state, I keep Nitrobid with me always and use it right at the start of any AD symptoms, removing the excess as soon as symptoms subside. My (nonSCI) doctor suggested (under the same circumstances as your trigger) applying Nitrobid as an AD preventative just prior to sex, but I didn't want to experiment in that way. So unfortunately I make sure I don't become stimulated to the point that it triggers AD.

Have you checked your blood pressure during these times of headaches? Systolic BP 160 or above along with HA symptoms are serious AD symptoms. AD Is caused by a noxious stimulus which could be constipation, urinary tract infection, yeast infection etc. the key is to identify that noxious stimulus and resolve it.

yes follow up with your doctor
    nitropaste is recommended for AD associated with elevated BP.
    once your blood pressure has resumed to normal range then you can wipe off the Nitropaste

pbr
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 12-01-2018 at 12:57 AM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

A couple of months back I was working out and leaned way forward to stretch the backs of my legs. I held the position for a while and felt a quick sharp pop in my taint area. It immediately made me sweat slightly and my eyes winced from pain. There was no AD at the time and I rarely suffer AD so carried on working out. The next day during BR as I let my bladder fill to trigger a BM responce I suffered a huge dose of AD. Like brain burning amount of AD. Obviously I had hurt something down there and the pain caused the whole area to hurt. For the next four days I suffered major AD and I was reduced to leaning back in my powerchair and off the area. I couldn't work out for three weeks while allowing the area to recover.

Maybe you hurt the area down there and the pain radiating is causing the pain?

I hope it gets better quick.

Thanks everyone. I do not see anything wrong, but maybe?

And still waiting to hear from my dr. Sigh. Which over the counter headache meds work the best for this?
    May the fetus you save be gay

Not to sound like a broken record, but Have you checked your blood pressure?

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.