Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard from Jennifer Spence? (Lynnifer)

Goddamn it...

I went to go revive a thread of me bitching about something stupid so I could continue to bitch about a further irrelevant tweak to the stupidity, and then before I posted I read through the old comments and saw a couple by Lynnifer. Now, being reminded of her and the fact that she'll never be back, I'm crying like a little bitch thinking about what I/we have lost. I never even met the woman, but humanity sure lost a good one a few weeks ago... stupid Canadians and their niceness and reasonableness... they make you love them and then they die... it just ain't fair I tell you... now instead of being angry and self righteous I'm just sad...

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Goddamn it...

I went to go revive a thread of me bitching about something stupid so I could continue to bitch about a further irrelevant tweak to the stupidity, and then before I posted I read through the old comments and saw a couple by Lynnifer. Now, being reminded of her and the fact that she'll never be back, I'm crying like a little bitch thinking about what I/we have lost. I never even met the woman, but humanity sure lost a good one a few weeks ago... stupid Canadians and their niceness and reasonableness... they make you love them and then they die... it just ain't fair I tell you... now instead of being angry and self righteous I'm just sad...
    I know just how you feel. I find myself wondering what she would think about this, that, or the other political development, and I miss her kind and helpful replies to members who needed advice or just companionship in whatever they were going through. She was genuinely alive to other people, in spite of her own very serious acute and chronic issues. I didn't have a great many interactions with her, yet I loved her. I think there are many here who feel the same way.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

I'm at CC because I miss her so damn bad. I've had a lot of loss, and several quite recently.But Jenn has devastated me.

You know how Mr. Rogers said "Look fir the helpers"? Jenn was a helper, above all. Also a snotty sarcastic delight, but she had the need to help. I swear I never saw a person will their own death before, but I have now. She was done, when she finally went to the ER. I see now she'd been quietly and mindfully circling the drain for months. The docs denied her medically assisted suicide. So she died anyway nah nah nah! It's good she's at peace and out of pain. It's just that, like always, it sucks for the ones left behind.

I never met her either. She was still one of my best friends for 18 years!

Yeah, I think about Jenn all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    You know how Mr. Rogers said "Look fir the helpers"? Jenn was a helper, above all. Also a snotty sarcastic delight, but she had the need to help. I swear I never saw a person will their own death before, but I have now. She was done, when she finally went to the ER. I see now she'd been quietly and mindfully circling the drain for months. The docs denied her medically assisted suicide. So she died anyway nah nah nah! It's good she's at peace and out of pain. It's just that, like always, it sucks for the ones left behind.
    Amen to everything you say. I miss her a lot.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Jenn was one of the most important 'parts' of this website. Her spirit and knowledge were so important. Such a huge loss. BUT, she's free.

Fuck you guys for making me sad by reminding me once again about the amazing person we lost... not cool guys... not cool.

I, too, think of Jenn frequently. We were PM buddies on FB, which is where she seemed to live in the years following her departure from her work as a dispatcher. Jenn was a CC stalwart. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that she was as integral to CareCure as Wise is. Maybe more so as his visibility here has waned here over the years. While it's comforting to say "she's free" now, the grim truth is that she's not free, she's dead. Death is a condition that the human species refuses to wrap its mind around. Jenn's exasperation and fulminations over the tortoise-on-barbiturates pace of developing treatments for paralysis was unrelenting. Her Facebook page mantra declared her "bitterness" about her fate. This was a constant refrain of hers. She was correct in that, for all practical purposes, the prospects for people with paralysis today is not a whole lot different than it was when she became paralyzed at age 12. She worked her prodigious sense of humor to the bone to serve as an antidote but it never fully diluted the drip-drip-drip poisonous toll of paryalysis on her quality of life and aspirations..
    Last edited by stephen212; 02-24-2019 at 02:20 PM.