Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wells-Engberg CT-100

Andy, thank you for bringing attention to this post.

ParaPete...... Apparently one needs to watch posts often to learn about how things are moved, but then never notified, especially when the matter is at hand to make one mobile again, or for their personal enjoyment.
    Anyways.
    I have the CT-100 brand new. It’s currently in a vehicle but I’ll take it out. It’s all completely there also.
    It’ll be out of a 2018 Dodge Challenger. The mounting bar is obviously been machined formed to match the steering column so no needing to hack apart my kick panel....
    I can get PM msg’s. You can’t. I’m not sure how it works, but if you can PM me, please do so. I’d rather email between us, since I’m barely ever on this website.
    Only reason I’m on now/recently is because Winter has set in and I’m inside a lot more.
    Thanks
    Ed
    -----------
    Eddie

Is the 'Guidosimplex racing throttle ring' generally available in the USA? If so, at what cost? (sorry to highjack the thread).
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Parapete,

Are you wanting the CT-100 controls or not?
    I’m going to take them off my vehicle. I’ll list elsewhere for sale if I don’t hear from you in the next few days
    Thanks
    Ed K.

Picture assist...and I can vouch that these are ridiculously brand new, like a month of use if that

pic 1
    Attached Images Attached Images  

pic 2

pic 3

Thanks Andy, These are kind of difficult to understand how they work. On mine, that knobed bracket is mounted to the car frame so that the cable cannot move, just like a bicycle brake works. But in the photo it looks like the bracket is mounted to gas pedal and end of the pull chain is attached to another bracket on the floor. It looks like a tough twist to me. I set mine up entirely differently.

The bar I crudely outlined in green is part of the setup. It's what I meant in an earlier post by most of the gas pedal stuff is left behind.
    Last edited by nonoise; 12-16-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I haven't personally seen these in action, but it does seem to be how you could get a 'push' out of the setup to function with electronic pedals with no means for the old 'pull' setup to be accomplished as with mechanical gas pedals. So you gonna buy 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I haven't personally seen these in action, but it does seem to be how you could get a 'push' out of the setup to function with electronic pedals with no means for the old 'pull' setup to be accomplished as with mechanical gas pedals. So you gonna buy 'em?
    I'm planning to buy these. And yes they will work the way they are set up, but I think the pull is too close to the fulcrum and it is odd the whole cable moves instead of just the cable core. That black bracket with the knob that is attached to the pedal is shown in the instructions to be attached to the car body and not attached to the pedal. Maybe my instructions are old.

But back to the pedal attachment point, since it is drive by wire, they have attached it to the pedal where they could, which happens to be close to the fulcrum or pivot point instead of near the far tip of the pedal where there is more leverage. Doing so I speculate these are difficult to twist. Maybe removing a spring like you did would help, but they also have to have enough snap to return to home base so that may not be a good option.

What I did was to add a lever extension to my pedal in the opposite direction of my pedal and attach the wire there. This way I get the same leverage as the tip and a pull on the extension lever is a push on the pedal. Space looks too limited in this car though.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.