Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good will hunting

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Not well, and reviews were poor too. I thought best performance was Jonah Hill.

I enjoyed "The Big Sick" if you are looking for something to watch.

(KLD)
    The "Big Sick" looks good. I've got it on my watchlist. (Amazon Prime) Thanks for the heads up.

re: Callahan movie I was about one-third through before I realized it was Jonah Hill, good performance.

On Netflix, we watched "The Kindergarten Teacher", it's a little edgy but I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    The "Big Sick" looks good. I've got it on my watchlist. (Amazon Prime) Thanks for the heads up.

re: Callahan movie I was about one-third through before I realized it was Jonah Hill, good performance.

On Netflix, we watched "The Kindergarten Teacher", it's a little edgy but I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal did a good job.
    Yes! on Jonah Hill. I was about half way through the film before I realized it was him. Great acting and would not doubt an Academy Award nomination. But, as others noted, this film was not popular, so maybe he will be totally overlooked.

P.S. I've watched Fargo about 4 times. Great for a cold winter day. Great story including the pregnant cop and her husband who designs postage stamps. This sweetness is within the main, dark, story.

I'm watching the Kindergarten Teacher over a couple of days. Maggie G always does a good job. She never mails it in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    Gus Van Sant directed GWH a long time favorite of mine. Van Sant's latest movie on John Callahan "Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot" is available for rent on Amazon Prime.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Worry-Wo.../dp/B0797BY148

I watched this last night and enjoyed it a lot. 8.5/10 for me.

Blog Entries
    The Upside looks good. A lighter take on the relationship between an 'unqualified' PCA (Kevin Hart) and a high quad (Bryan Cranston).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Upside
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    The Upside looks good. A lighter take on the relationship between an 'unqualified' PCA (Kevin Hart) and a high quad (Bryan Cranston).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Upside
    American remake of "The Intouchables" (2011 French film). I hope it is good; I loved the French film (which is based on a true story). I am a bit leery of American remakes of foreign films...they are nearly always not as good as the original. This premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. So far, it has a Rotten Tomatoes score of only 55/100.

I will be seeing this with the Cinema Society in early January and will post here my review.

If you haven't seen "The Intouchables" (French with English subtitles), available on Amazon, I would recommend it.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 12-17-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    Awesome! Look forward to hearing what you think about it. I just happened to catch an ad on YouTube for it this morning. I'll probably go see it as well. Open Jan. 11 in my area. First reaction was, "Wow, I like that it doesn't look depressing!" Not all life from a chair is bad, but hopefully it's grounded in some reality. "Billionaire quad" seems out there, though!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    American remake of "The Intouchables" (2011 French film). I hope it is good; I loved the French film (which is based on a true story). I am a bit leery of American remakes of foreign films...they are nearly always not as good as the original.

I will be seeing this with the Cinema Society in early January and will post here my review.

(KLD)
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

"Detectorists" (BBC Series) is a short 2 seasons series that was on Netflix but I see on Amazon Prime. Found it entertaining.

ETA: “Springsteen “ started on Netflix last night.
    Last edited by ChesBay; 12-17-2018 at 03:20 PM.

For any women, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has 2 seasons on Prime. I love it. The Ranch has season 6 on Netflix. It's silly, mostly entertaining.

Just finished streaming the 2 seasons of Anne with an E on Netflix. It is a highly imaginative, beautifully filmed adaptation of Anne of Green Gables. Anne is a timeless character and this is a lot more than just a children's story.