Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good will hunting

Chesney, if you like the Detectorists look for Vicious. It often is on PBS. High comedy of 2 aging Queens, various friends/relatives and the downward spiral the main 2 only occasionally allow themselves to look at as they age. High camp. I think they got to 3 short seasons. Others more on the drama side I found on PBS were Indian Summers with seriously great acting just before the fall of the Raj so 1930s-1940s. Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries is a gift from the Aussies set in Melbourne between the wars. Guys will love Phrynne Fisher. It seems like last year everything I watched was CBS or PBS. If you are a reader, the newest Preston & Childs novel starring FBI Special Agent A.O.X. Pendergast downloads in time for our January cruise. Pendergast is a weird duck to say the least. He is paid a penny a year because he must be paid something. He works alone but that just means no 2nd FBI agent. He chooses his own cases, drives or is driven in a Bentley and bits of the paranormal tend to slide into many of his stories. Start with Relic I think. Some need to be in order and others it doesn't matter. Definitely not your regular cops and robbers plots. And Peter, join a club. January is vacation for us then back up to the cold so I can do taxes and 3 American Legions and 2 VFWs in very short drives. I am planning to hit the AM legions first where they recognize both his boots on the ground in Vietnam and my Intel support for Grenada 3000 miles away. Do figure out a safe way home if you have 1 too many.
    Last edited by Sue Pendleton; 12-24-2018 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Please disable spell check, auto prompt, etc.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

If you haven't already, try " The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". We saw this movie some years back in the Rialto Cinema.
    The Rialto plays mostly European movies, movies with stories. And shies away from that Hollywood big bang blockbuster bullshit, which suits me.
    I haven't been there for a while now.. it is about time I rattled my dags and made the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    The Upside looks good. A lighter take on the relationship between an 'unqualified' PCA (Kevin Hart) and a high quad (Bryan Cranston).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Upside
    There is another one along the same lines that I liked called: Your Not You
    (Classical pianist who has been diagnosed with ALS and the brash college student who becomes her caregiver)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    American remake of "The Intouchables" (2011 French film). I hope it is good; I loved the French film (which is based on a true story). I am a bit leery of American remakes of foreign films...they are nearly always not as good as the original. This premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. So far, it has a Rotten Tomatoes score of only 55/100.

I will be seeing this with the Cinema Society in early January and will post here my review.

If you haven't seen "The Intouchables" (French with English subtitles), available on Amazon, I would recommend it. (KLD)
    Thanks for the favourable reference of "The Intouchables".

I have booked "The Intouchables" and "Samba" also "The Big Sick"from the library for my next movie enjoyment. Subtitles?? with good movies they are secondary.
    I look forward to your comparison KLD.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 12-26-2018 at 06:21 AM.

"Kills on Wheels", I ran into this at the library. Kind of interesting.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

We have a thread in the Movies & Music forum on films related to SCI that you might want to check out if those are your interests:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...al-cord-injury

Went to see "Vice" yesterday, and loved it. Christian Bale was perfect as Dick Cheney.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.