Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrier Free Home resource

Cool Barrier Free Home resource

My wife and I have a barrier free carriage home in Southwest Florida that has just been posted for sale on Barrier Free Home website: https://www.barrierfreehome.com/acce...php?a=2&b=1952

The Plantation at Somerset gated community has accessible sidewalks on both sides of the streets with easy to navigate curb cuts, outdoor activities, fitness center and beautiful ponds, lakes and nature preserves. It?s conveniently located to restaurants, shops, grocery and medical facilities. For those that like baseball, this accessible property is within 2 miles of the Boston Red Sox spring training camp.

I?m a C6 complete injury and we built this unit with accessibility in mind without sacrificing the astetics and beauty of the condominium home. There are no steps and the master bath has a large roll-in shower.

We have recently moved and this property is now available. Keep in mind... average winter temperatures in Southwest Florida are mid 70?! Visit the link and contact Joe Simone for questions. His contact info is listed on the Barrier Free Home website.
    If you think that you can or if you feel you can't, either way your right.

Pardon me, I went to the link about there and I can only see one picture I also didn't see any prices

Quote Originally Posted by BurninBud View Post
    Pardon me, I went to the link about there and I can only see one picture I also didn't see any prices
    I found this using the MLS# - https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/.../pid_27091297/

Ouch, those tennis courts and pools add up...906/mo after adding up all the monthly and quarterly HOA/Condo fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ouch, those tennis courts and pools add up...906/mo after adding up all the monthly and quarterly HOA/Condo fees.
    $322/month paid QUARTERLY = $966/quarter, not per month. Pretty reasonable esp. as it covers cable and water too. You couldn't get into a studio condo in Southern California for twice this ($255,900!!!!). I believe there is also a property tax deferment for those with tetraplegia in Florida ($5918 for this unit in 2018).

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Math is hard, and you'd have to be financially illiterate to live in California (just sayin')

Master Assoc. Fee: $788
    Mstr. Assoc. Fee Freq: Quarterly
    Condo Fee: $965
    Condo Fee Freq: Quarterly
    HOA FEE: $322/month

(788x4)+(965x4)+(322x12)=10876

10876/12=906/month

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    $322/month paid QUARTERLY = $966/quarter, not per month. Pretty reasonable esp. as it covers cable and water too. You couldn't get into a studio condo in Southern California for twice this ($255,900!!!!). I believe there is also a property tax deferment for those with tetraplegia in Florida ($5918 for this unit in 2018).

(KLD)

if your disable blind quad para no property taxes have 2 have 2 dr sign off for me its a 2800a year wage increase

That surely is attractive. Any determination regarding FL exemptions statute/chapter 196.012, where the state says that:

"Gross income specifically does not include payments made for the medical care of the individual, return of principal on the sale of a home, social security benefits, or public assistance payments payable to the person or assigned to an organization designated specifically for the support or benefit of that person."

But seems to include SS payments as part of gross income limitations for para-grade cripples. At least according to a number of FL County Assessor websites I have visited

SSDI and random passive income streams would kill the exemption if they actually do count SS payments as gross income, in contradiction to statute. Any clarifying info out there?

How do you get to the Master Bedroom if it's upstairs?

Bathrooms
    Total Bathrooms: 2
    Full Bathrooms: 2
    Master Bathroom: ADA Accessible, Dual Sinks, Multiple Shower Heads, Shower Only
    Bedrooms
    Total Bedrooms: 2
    Bedroom Features: Master BR Upstairs, Split Bedrooms
    Bedroom/Bathroom: 2 Bedrooms plus Den

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That surely is attractive. Any determination regarding FL exemptions statute/chapter 196.012, where the state says that:

"Gross income specifically does not include payments made for the medical care of the individual, return of principal on the sale of a home, social security benefits, or public assistance payments payable to the person or assigned to an organization designated specifically for the support or benefit of that person."

But seems to include SS payments as part of gross income limitations for para-grade cripples. At least according to a number of FL County Assessor websites I have visited

SSDI and random passive income streams would kill the exemption if they actually do count SS payments as gross income, in contradiction to statute. Any clarifying info out there?
    I just know I live in fl and I had to pay noo property taxes 2017 I reading this about before march first 1 will call tomorrow they said as I was quad did not need tax returns