Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Married 53 years

Married 53 years

Today my wife and I are celebrating our 53rd wedding anniversary. We are in uncharted waters. When we got married, my predicted life expectancy was about 20 years post injury. I had already used up 10 of those years. Needless to say, our long term plans were pretty short. lol I doubt that either of us would have made it this far alone.

Happy 53rd Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!

Mazel tov!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Congratulations! Something to be truly proud of given the divorce rate in this country now days!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

congratulation

Coming up just behind you, SCI 55. NL and I will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in May. We were married in 1969 and my injury was on 1982. There are probably even fewer long term marriages that were in place when the spinal cord injury occurred and have survived the duration.

Your Mrs. knew what she was getting into when you and she married. NL didn't sign up for this because I was not spinal cord injuryed when we married. But she has been there through it all and here we are.

Best you to and Mrs. SCI 55.
    Last edited by gjnl; 12-01-2018 at 06:37 PM.

A solid marriage is such a blessing. Congratulations, SCIfor55+yrs...and to you and NL in May, GJ!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary and many more! I'm lifetime paralyzed and the Mister was SCI for two years when we met. We've been rolling together for 44 years as of last week, so we're well aware of the effort you both have put in to your marriage.