Thread: Sun components Fushion 16 wheels--How light are they?

Sun components Fushion 16 wheels--How light are they?

Hi all.

Are the Sun Component Fushion 16 wheels lighter than Spinergy LX wheels? SC says their 25" wheels weigh 816 grams or 1.8 lbs? I can't find the weight of the 25" Spinergy LX wheels anywhere. Whenever the weight is listed for the wheel, they never indicate for which size wheel that they mean. All I know is that at $348/pair the SC wheels are less than half the price of Spinergys.

https://howirollsports.com/shop/sun-...5-26-x-1-pair/

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    Hi all.

Are the Sun Component Fushion 16 wheels lighter than Spinergy LX wheels? SC says their 25" wheels weigh 816 grams or 1.8 lbs? I can't find the weight of the 25" Spinergy LX wheels anywhere. Whenever the weight is listed for the wheel, they never indicate for which size wheel that they mean. All I know is that at $348/pair the SC wheels are less than half the price of Spinergys.

https://howirollsports.com/shop/sun-...5-26-x-1-pair/
    I had a set of SC F16?s 26? kind and all the lacing/spokes came dangerously loose. I?m lucky the wheels just didn?t collapse under me when sitting in my w/c.
    I emailed the company and complained. They sent me another exact same set, as a replacement for free. I have no idea if they added thread lock to the nipple ends to solve the dangerous issue. I haven?t had any problems with them wheels since 2009. They are currently taken apart (came apart very easily also) as I?m stripping them bare of their paint and changing the color scheme to make them more durable.
    I do have a set of spingery 26?s around somewhere and I could tell the difference in weight when disassembling the chair to get in my car.
    -----------
    Eddie

heavier than LX
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    I had a set of SC F16?s 26? kind and all the lacing/spokes came dangerously loose. I?m lucky the wheels just didn?t collapse under me when sitting in my w/c.
    I emailed the company and complained. They sent me another exact same set, as a replacement for free. I have no idea if they added thread lock to the nipple ends to solve the dangerous issue. I haven?t had any problems with them wheels since 2009. They are currently taken apart (came apart very easily also) as I?m stripping them bare of their paint and changing the color scheme to make them more durable.
    I do have a set of spingery 26?s around somewhere and I could tell the difference in weight when disassembling the chair to get in my car.
    You could tell the difference... as in a lot heavier or lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    You could tell the difference... as in a lot heavier or lighter?
    Sun Fusion are slightly heavier. Can tell when picking them up.
    -----------
    Eddie