Thread: plug up

plug up

I use a ducette last night sweating like crazy but no distress body felt fine but the sweating of head. check my butt soaked check tube for kink none
    get I bed to see if butt mucus or urine it unrine my care give get over he head to bathroom. pull cathe out hole is clear nothing blockin it meanwhile I have urine both places sp and uretha

wwe insert new cathe over 500cc in bag. get cleaned up no more issues so how can I be plugged up but hole in cathe clear

Did you cut open (across) the lumen of the old catheter to see if there was anything clogging it? Sediment or a small stone can block the tube beyond the catheter eye(s).

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT BUT I CAN tomorrow is there anything to unclog it or just replace it, I would ve replaced it next Friday was the next change

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Did you cut open (across) the lumen of the old catheter to see if there was anything clogging it? Sediment or a small stone can block the tube beyond the catheter eye(s).

(KLD)
    today I saw that it the cathe was white looking yesterday I plug up only it was hole to urine bag I have a long white about 4 or 5 inches ropey looking thing pluged hole to urine bags today getting bathe cathe was filled with them we irrigated them out had 2 of them and the are thick about 1/8 wide and pretty solid what could that be drinking a lot of water water urine is clear

thanks for all u do