Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I started my archery course yesterday!!!

Cool I started my archery course yesterday!!!

As per the title, I finally went for the archery course, and had my first lesson yesterday!

I really really loved it! It gave me such a sense of accomplishment when I managed to shoot the arrows near the center, and I popped the balloon the instructor had stuck on the board (it was a challenge she set up for us).

I have 5 more lessons to attend for the beginners course, and can't wait for there next one!

Anyway, I just wanted to share this as it made me so excited!

Good for you!

Blog Entries
    That's fantastic! Love archery myself. 👍

What bow are you using in class?
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    That's fantastic! Love archery myself. 

What bow are you using in class?
    It was a recurve bow, the ones you see at the Olympic Games! in the next few lessons we should be able to try a few more, like the Korean bow (not sure what the exact name is, but it bends backwards when strung), the compound bow, and the long bow, and see which one we like best.

how long have you been doing archery Oddity?

Blog Entries
    That's great you'll get to try several types. They're all so different. Recurve is perhaps the 'purest' form of archery, but I enjoy them all. I've been target shooting with bows for about 35 years now. Dang. Suddenly feeling old. 😉
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Sounds like a lot of fun, Jade!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    That's great you'll get to try several types. They're all so different. Recurve is perhaps the 'purest' form of archery, but I enjoy them all. I've been target shooting with bows for about 35 years now. Dang. Suddenly feeling old. 
    35 years?!?! that's a lot of practice! remind me not not to piss you off!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun, Jade!
    it is! I have booked the next two sessions, super excited to go now!

Seems you have a hidden talent there Jade. Hitting targets on the first go is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Seems you have a hidden talent there Jade. Hitting targets on the first go is very impressive.
    is it? ha! that's great! yeah the instructor was quite impressed, but I thought she was just saying the same thing to everyone else! good to know. I'm already browsing gear to buy for when I finish the course! I prob won't have to buy it for a good while, but it makes me feel good so...