Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trouserswith flys

I take my jeans to a seamstress in town and she removes the old zipper down to the seam and puts in a longer zipper. You should be able to find someone who sews in town. Usually costs me about $15 for her to buy the longer zipper and sew it in.

I love carecure. I learn everything here. This issue of having my hose kinked because of my zipper being too short has been driving me nuts.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I love carecure. I learn everything here. This issue of having my hose kinked because of my zipper being too short has been driving me nuts.

could you also put the zipper in upside down open from the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Well said Nonoise, and that is an interesting mental image you have presented

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    could you also put the zipper in upside down open from the bottom?
    I wouldn't recommend this, as it would place the zipper pull right under your perineum, and could cause skin breakdown. Velcro is perhaps a better option, especially if you go commando.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

In the latest issue of New Mobility there's an update on a company that has made adaptive clothing, but was out of the market for a year and now is back with more stuff. It's IZ, and I can't find my magazine right now, but there's a website for them.
    The article mentioned longer zippers, among other things. Apparently their pricing is now less and their garments are available in some stores - Macy's was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    In the latest issue of New Mobility there's an update on a company that has made adaptive clothing, but was out of the market for a year and now is back with more stuff. It's IZ, and I can't find my magazine right now, but there's a website for them.
    The article mentioned longer zippers, among other things. Apparently their pricing is now less and their garments are available in some stores - Macy's was one of them.
    http://www.newmobility.com/2018/07/i...s-and-expands/

https://izadaptive.com/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

adaptive clothing 45.00

looking at tommy hilfinger 45.00 I like that price but have pacemake it has safet tested magnetic for fly say ask ur dr what is feed back I sent email but..

asking ur thoughts

tks

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    looking at tommy hilfinger 45.00 I like that price but have pacemake it has safet tested magnetic for fly say ask ur dr what is feed back I sent email but.
    Unless you are wearing your slacks waistband up under your armpits, a magnetic fly should have no impact on a cardiac pacemaker.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Unless you are wearing your slacks waistband up under your armpits, a magnetic fly should have no impact on a cardiac pacemaker.

(KLD)
    thank you so much I am going to get a couple at 45.00 each I got but they said to ask thank you again