Thread: Please, need recommendations on an adjustable queen-size bed base

Question Please, need recommendations on an adjustable queen-size bed base

Hello everyone,
    I'm looking for recommendations on an adjustable queen-size bed base. The head motor on my 20-year-old Leggett & Platt bed is dying and because the bed is so old, I can't find a replacement motor. My mattress is okay for now, I just need the queen-size adjustable base. The rep I spoke with at Leggett & Platt about the motor recommended their S-cape 2.0, anyone here have experience with those? Good or bad? I'd like to get a bed that's height adjustable along with adjustable head and foot but so far I haven't found any. The closest thing I found was the S-cape 2.0 but that has a manual adjustable height, not automatic. I don't need side rails or any other features really, just a basic adjustable base With a wireless remote.

Thanks in advance for any info!
    Daniel G.

There was a booth at the Abilities Expo selling adjustable bases with height adjustment. If I recall correctly, they were asking $8K for king size. I guess the queen size would not be much less.

I can't imagine it would be hard to find a motor that has enough current (current rating should be labeled on the motor) and is mechanically compatible. Worst case, you can have it rebuilt. It would cost you $100 to $200 vs $2000 for the S-cape. But if you were going to get a new one, consider the Prodigy with neck adjustment and lumbar support.

I have this adjustable base. It's well built, quiet, sits up to 70degrees head, massage if you like it, light underneath bed. The remote has many features.

http://www.sealycanada.com/en/reflex...able-base.html

You might want to check these bed frames out:

http://assuredcomfortbed.com/wp-cont...-Series-V3.pdf

https://www.transfermaster.com/

If you use or may need to use a mobile floor-based lift in the future, you need to look at sufficient clearance under the bed for the lift. Those adjustable bed frames with a box or very low frame may not work.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Hello everyone,
    just a quick note to thank those who responded to my post regarding adjustable bed recommendations. I ended up buying a Leggett & Platt S-Cape 2.0 queen-size adjustable base from New Rooms Direct, they have showrooms in Fla. and AL. I explained to the rep I was dealing with, Mark, that I needed a base that's no higher than 13 in. He threw in at no extra charge a set of 3 inch legs and 2 inch casters which brought the total base height to 12 inches. The base also has 2 large strips of Velcro going across it which helps keep the mattress in place in this really helps. Set up was pretty easy, just attach the legs to the casters and then the legs to the frame and plug in the power cord. Hardest part was getting the 230 pound box into my apartment, thanks to my bro and my neighbor for their help with that. The motors are very quiet compared to my old bed. My only complaint is the fact that it came with only one remote and a new replacement is over $100! I'm sure he can find one cheaper on eBay. Anyway, I highly recommend this adjustable base to anyone who needs one.
    Daniel G.