Thread: Cementing your default browser

Blog Entries

Cementing your default browser

I forget where in chrome you set your default browser. I went somewhere stupid I guess, and now something redirects me to some infuriating search engine. I can?t even figure out what they?re trying to make me visit. Will resetting my default browser fix that, or is that some other setting or macro or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I forget where in chrome you set your default browser. I went somewhere stupid I guess, and now something redirects me to some infuriating search engine. I can?t even figure out what they?re trying to make me visit. Will resetting my default browser fix that, or is that some other setting or macro or something?
    Chrome is your browser. What you probably want is to change/reset your HOME PAGE (where chrome takes you each time you start it up):

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95314?hl=en

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Now I realize what I want is to set my default search screen. I have Google set as my homepage
    homepage, but now when I do a search in automatically switches to some other search page and search there, with useless results. This happens whether type my search text in the Google search bar or in the URL bar, which used to produce a Google search.

Blog Entries
    The page it brings me to is searchcrypt.com. I may have stupidly clicked on “make me invincible” somewhere.

Blog Entries
    The page it brings me to is searchcrypt.com. I may have stupidly clicked on “make me invincible” somewhere.

To reset your search engine:

Click on the 3 vertical dots in the right upper corner of your chrome browser.

Scroll down to "settings"

Halfway down that page are your options for choosing your search engine.

I count on Duck Duck Go for search engine. Use Firefox Focus maybe Onion or the T guy ... usually use VPN too especially when riding the bus and their WiFi for proxy. Ad Block works great on the average Firefox and even Chrome. '