Thread: New wheelchair design.

I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Sorry, couldn't view this because you have to sign in to Facebook, and I don't do Facebook. Is there another link to view this?

This has been around for some time in Europe, and discussed here previously. Obviously cannot replace a wheelchair completely, especially outdoors in the community. It is essentially a powered rolling standing frame.

https://www.wimp.com/new-device-make...airs-obsolete/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2EJNDp2pY

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Sorry, couldn't view this because you have to sign in to Facebook, and I don't do Facebook. Is there another link to view this?
    On bottom of the Facebook sign in page press "Not Now". You will get right in, I did. It says in the video that it is now available in the USA FWIW.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The Tek RMD is available in the US from Numotion at the special online price of $22,000 (cash only). I had a chance to see it in person a few months back and was more impressed than I thought I'd be.

While I have no idea why they would take a marketing picture in what is probably one of the worst possible environments of use (I mean really, even if it could be driven onto the dock, what would be the point of using it there?).

Where I could see an application is in the workplace. Provided it can be stored at the workplace and the area where it needed to be used is free of significant surface transitions , it could enable paras to do many jobs that may be difficult to do in a standing powerchair or powerchair with a power elevating seat. It can be maneuvered in much tighter areas. It also doesn't stress the joints as much as the actuators on a stander will, so it will be safer to stand in it for longer periods. There would be no need for a modified van to get to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    On bottom of the Facebook sign in page press "Not Now"..
    Thanks for this handy tip.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    The Tek RMD is available in the US from Numotion at the special online price of $22,000 (cash only).
    Black Friday is just days away!

I have one - since January of 2016 before it went to Numotion (blech) - and it's way better than a standing frame. Not useful as a chair replacement, however, because getting it from place to place isn't trivial. I tend to use it for the first hour or so of socializing with guests (we entertain a fair bit as many of our friends don't have accessible homes and lugging the ramp around gets old). It's a far more natural way of standing and moving about than my Permobil standing chair, although I'd love for them to jettison the joystick and go with thumb controls on the handlebar.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Black Friday is just days away!
    i saw you met my homegirl vanessa on IG. good to see youre still doing good. had no idea you lived in LA. I told her to ask you if you knew imight hahaha