Thread: need new medical supply company for my ostomy supplies

need new medical supply company for my ostomy supplies

hello everyone i am having issues with my current supplier Mckesson. i have had several issues the last few orders not getting correct product not getting enough of what was ordered etc. it is always not their problem etc. when in fact it is always their fault. well this last order has taken 2 weeks to get and the first time i got the order they never included one of the supplies i know i ordered. so it has taken another week and i still don't have it. i have used byram in the past as well and the same issues so i am looking for another supplier. who does everyone use?
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Washington DC area--------------------T3 complete
    I have used Edgepark for 8 years - no problems and they deliver rather quickly. - good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Treeza04 View Post
    I have used Edgepark for 8 years - no problems and they deliver rather quickly. - good luck
    edge park doesn't take nays medicaid or at least the last time i checked they didn't. but thanks

180 Medical out of Oklahoma!!! They are AWESOME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mississippi View Post
    Both 180 Medical and our local DME J&R Medical are owned by Convatec. We still get fine service from them.

I looked up the Medicaid coverage:

"180 Medical is in-network with the majority of state Medicaid programs. Coverage and allowable amounts of ostomy supplies will vary according to each state?s guidelines. Contact us to find out what your plan covers."

It is helpful to complete your profile with your location, or put that in your original post. We have members from all over the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South American, and Europe, and knowing where you are helps enormously in responding with resources that area close to you.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    It is helpful to complete your profile with your location, or put that in your original post. We have members from all over the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South American, and Europe, and knowing where you are helps enormously in responding with resources that area close to you.

(KLD)
    sorry forgot to add i am in NY state using medicare and medicaid

Quote Originally Posted by mississippi View Post
    unfortunately all they sell is convertc products which i am allergic to and can't use. i use mostly hollister products 1 safe n simple product and 1 coloplast product.