Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permobil Dye Lot Problem

Permobil Dye Lot Problem

I got my Permobil M300, two years ago this December. I am noticing that the hip and thigh support covers are turning blue rather than remaining the black color ordered. Seems like the dye lot isn't stable. I'm not real happy about this problem. Hoping Tom Borcherding or someone from Permobil will see this and comment about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, but Tom is a ROHO rep. I think your issue falls out of his parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    As far as I know, and I could be wrong, but Tom is a ROHO rep. I think your issue falls out of his parameters.
    Roho is a Permobil company. Tom is not a "rep," he is the President of the the Roho group. I think Tom monitors all things Roho/Permobil, so I am hoping he gets this post. Otherwise, I will be sending an email to a regional rep that I know. Just sending up a trial balloon.

Thank you for correcting me.

Thats kind of a passive role "hope he reads it" position why not just email him direct my guess is he would appropriate the feedback especially from someone like yourself that is very detailed and Steve Balt who is the west coast director of sales.

Those are people that can make a change...local reps have no power.

The same issue happens to headrest too...

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Thats kind of a passive role "hope he reads it" position why not just email him direct my guess is he would appropriate the feedback especially from someone like yourself that is very detailed and Steve Balt who is the west coast director of sales.

Those are people that can make a change...local reps have no power.

The same issue happens to headrest too... Hasn't happened to my headrest recover. Mine is not covered with the same fabric as the thigh/hip support and calf support. The fabric, as you can see in the photo is a mesh kind of fabric
    I am a lot of things and have been called a lot of things...but passive isn't one of them. Also posted here to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue. Always helps to prove you point if you can show that others have similar problems with a product.
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-16-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Hi gjnl, I don't know what to make of this, but happy to help connect you to the right people within Permobil. I should have your contact information from when we have been in touch previously, but in case I can't find it please send me an email with your contact details and your chair serial number if you have it handy. Sorry for a tardy response - was traveling this past week and didn't catch up to the most recent forum postings. Take care, Tom.

Thanks Tom...I'll be in touch by email.

Just a note in this season of giving...
    NL and I sat down recently to write our annual charitable contributions checks. This year we included the Permobil Foundation.

In October, we attended the Abilities Expo in San Mateo, CA. Permobil was there with it's array of products. But, behind their major display was the Permobil repair station. They were replacing tires, casters, and making adjustments to controllers free of charge for Permobil users. I had a broken stop bumper replaced. Permobil techs spent as much time as it took to help each person with a problem.

Here is more about the Permobil Foundation. Consider giving. https://permobilfoundation.org/about/

“Every disabled person has the right to have his or her handicap compensated as far as possible by aids with the same technical standards as those we all use in our everyday lives” -Permobil founder Dr. Per Udd?n 1967

As the philanthropic arm of Permobil, the Permobil Foundation believes that regardless of disability, everyone deserves a chance to reach their dreams without limitations. No person should be excluded from opportunity due to a disability. Independent mobility is a basic human right. This is the heart of why Permobil Cares.
    We offer valuable support and financial assistance to organizations and agencies that improve the quality of life for all individuals with mobility limitations. The Permobil Foundation provides several areas of support at a local, regional and national level:

• Sponsorship for events (such as walks, galas, golf tournaments)
    • Grant funding (program based needs and scholarships)
    • Employee engagement (volunteer opportunities for employees)
    • In-kind donations (advanced rehab mobility solutions and accessories)

When black fades it turns to purple. Looks like its more purple than blue in the picture. Sun will also make it fade to purple.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    When black fades it turns to purple. Looks like its more purple than blue in the picture. Sun will also make it fade to purple.
    I can see why you may perceive purple from the picture. That picture was taken in a fluorescent light condition. In more natural light, it appears blue to me. That said, color perception from one person to another can be different.

I don't spend a lot of time outside in direct sunlight, probably less time than most people. My black Roho cushion and a black side pack (you can see the top/left corner of the pack in the picture) don't have the blue to purple color. Because my lower legs cover the calf supports (same fabric as the thigh/hip supports), I hadn't paid much attention to them, but they have the same color change.

Something is going on with this fabric, whether it is fading or whether it is an unstable dye lot, I can't say. But after two years, I don't expect this to happen no matter the cause.