Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: VaPro Catheters by Hollister?

  1. #1
    Senior Member smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    2,146

    VaPro Catheters by Hollister?

    Anyone here use the VaPro intermittent catheter made by Hollister? It looks like a very cool all in one catheter. The only downside is they are very expensive. Thank you!

    https://youtu.be/PmKakjoTimY

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Anyone here use the VaPro intermittent catheter made by Hollister? It looks like a very cool all in one catheter. The only downside is they are very expensive. Thank you!

    https://youtu.be/PmKakjoTimY
    hands down best i have tried. all i will use. ins covers then, no issue there
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    30
    Hi,

    sorry for my poor english

    In Germany the Hollister Catheters are covered by most insurance. It is a nearly perfect one, very easy handling even when you are a quad. I use it myself and have had no uti the last few years. One problem: From 100 catheters 4 or 5 are "dry", than you can't use it. The Hollister advance is a similar one, but a gel catheter. With this type i never have had a "dry" one.-

  5. #5
    store according to the arrows on the box, that should solve the dry problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus560 View Post
    Hi,

    sorry for my poor english

    In Germany the Hollister Catheters are covered by most insurance. It is a nearly perfect one, very easy handling even when you are a quad. I use it myself and have had no uti the last few years. One problem: From 100 catheters 4 or 5 are "dry", than you can't use it. The Hollister advance is a similar one, but a gel catheter. With this type i never have had a "dry" one.-
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Suburb Near Chicago
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    hands down best i have tried. all i will use. ins covers then, no issue there
    I agree. I?ve been using the Hollister Advancaed Plus Intermediate Plus kind since 2014. Very easy to use and when folded in half properly it fits well into the little pouch I carry on my chair.
    I?m going to get some samples of these though. I like the compact idea, makes it easier to use and carry.
    I?m on Medicare and since I was plagued with UTI?s recently a proper letter of necessity was written and they cover my catheters 100% for me. 200 a month.

    I have some other closed system kits kicking around here that were given to me from a friend, but they’re too short and I cannot get them into my bladder. I cannot recall the name as it’s first time I’ve ever used/seen them.

    Ed
    -----------
    Eddie

  7. #7
    Senior Member Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,435
    Say what? I thought I was a big swingin'... Either you're not human or have some interesting anatomy. If I had to guess maybe and inch or two of the tube is left visible once in operational state? Don't work for you?

    As a side note, if you need more than 200/mo, I discovered during fixing a F-up between my provider and insurance, that per medicare rules, you can get more then 200/mo with 'documented need provided by a Dr. for more units per month'. Or at least that's what my provider said when countering nonsense spewing out from BCBS's customer service representative, lol. So if you need 'em, have the doc write 'em, probably should get them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    2,146
    Do you guys find the VaPro Plus catheters are too wobbly or not rigid enough to advance past the sphincter easily? I hav used some soft latex catheters that give me trouble passing through the sphincter. It's like pushing on a string.

    Also, do you have to pinch off or fold the catheter when withdrawing them from your dick to keep the urine in the catheter and prevent the urine from soaking your dick and nuts? The animated video link I included in my original question shows the guy just pulling the catheter out without pinching or folding the funnel end. If I don't pinch off the catheter I basically "power wash" my dick and nuts with urine. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Do you guys find the VaPro Plus catheters are too wobbly or not rigid enough to advance past the sphincter easily? I hav used some soft latex catheters that give me trouble passing through the sphincter. It's like pushing on a string.

    Also, do you have to pinch off or fold the catheter when withdrawing them from your dick to keep the urine in the catheter and prevent the urine from soaking your dick and nuts? The animated video link I included in my original question shows the guy just pulling the catheter out without pinching or folding the funnel end. If I don't pinch off the catheter I basically "power wash" my dick and nuts with urine. Thanks.
    not at all because you can touch it anywhere, so i just push from an inch or so from my penis so im not trying to thread a noodle from 6 inches away. no pinch just keep introducer tip in your penis while pulling cath out into its sheeth, no drips
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  10. #10
    Senior Member smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    2,146
    Is there any difference between the VaPro Plus Pocket catheter and the VaPro Plus catheter?

Similar Threads

  1. Hollister 96144 caths
    By 490 in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 03:06 PM
  2. For sale hollister catheters
    By EVANSJOURNEY in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •