Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VaPro Catheters by Hollister?

VaPro Catheters by Hollister?

Anyone here use the VaPro intermittent catheter made by Hollister? It looks like a very cool all in one catheter. The only downside is they are very expensive. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/PmKakjoTimY

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Anyone here use the VaPro intermittent catheter made by Hollister? It looks like a very cool all in one catheter. The only downside is they are very expensive. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/PmKakjoTimY
    hands down best i have tried. all i will use. ins covers then, no issue there
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hi,

sorry for my poor english

In Germany the Hollister Catheters are covered by most insurance. It is a nearly perfect one, very easy handling even when you are a quad. I use it myself and have had no uti the last few years. One problem: From 100 catheters 4 or 5 are "dry", than you can't use it. The Hollister advance is a similar one, but a gel catheter. With this type i never have had a "dry" one.-

store according to the arrows on the box, that should solve the dry problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus560 View Post
    Hi,

sorry for my poor english

In Germany the Hollister Catheters are covered by most insurance. It is a nearly perfect one, very easy handling even when you are a quad. I use it myself and have had no uti the last few years. One problem: From 100 catheters 4 or 5 are "dry", than you can't use it. The Hollister advance is a similar one, but a gel catheter. With this type i never have had a "dry" one.-
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    hands down best i have tried. all i will use. ins covers then, no issue there
    I agree. I?ve been using the Hollister Advancaed Plus Intermediate Plus kind since 2014. Very easy to use and when folded in half properly it fits well into the little pouch I carry on my chair.
    I?m going to get some samples of these though. I like the compact idea, makes it easier to use and carry.
    I?m on Medicare and since I was plagued with UTI?s recently a proper letter of necessity was written and they cover my catheters 100% for me. 200 a month.

I have some other closed system kits kicking around here that were given to me from a friend, but they’re too short and I cannot get them into my bladder. I cannot recall the name as it’s first time I’ve ever used/seen them.

Ed
    -----------
    Eddie

Say what? I thought I was a big swingin'... Either you're not human or have some interesting anatomy. If I had to guess maybe and inch or two of the tube is left visible once in operational state? Don't work for you?

As a side note, if you need more than 200/mo, I discovered during fixing a F-up between my provider and insurance, that per medicare rules, you can get more then 200/mo with 'documented need provided by a Dr. for more units per month'. Or at least that's what my provider said when countering nonsense spewing out from BCBS's customer service representative, lol. So if you need 'em, have the doc write 'em, probably should get them.

Do you guys find the VaPro Plus catheters are too wobbly or not rigid enough to advance past the sphincter easily? I hav used some soft latex catheters that give me trouble passing through the sphincter. It's like pushing on a string.

Also, do you have to pinch off or fold the catheter when withdrawing them from your dick to keep the urine in the catheter and prevent the urine from soaking your dick and nuts? The animated video link I included in my original question shows the guy just pulling the catheter out without pinching or folding the funnel end. If I don't pinch off the catheter I basically "power wash" my dick and nuts with urine. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Do you guys find the VaPro Plus catheters are too wobbly or not rigid enough to advance past the sphincter easily? I hav used some soft latex catheters that give me trouble passing through the sphincter. It's like pushing on a string.

Also, do you have to pinch off or fold the catheter when withdrawing them from your dick to keep the urine in the catheter and prevent the urine from soaking your dick and nuts? The animated video link I included in my original question shows the guy just pulling the catheter out without pinching or folding the funnel end. If I don't pinch off the catheter I basically "power wash" my dick and nuts with urine. Thanks.
    not at all because you can touch it anywhere, so i just push from an inch or so from my penis so im not trying to thread a noodle from 6 inches away. no pinch just keep introducer tip in your penis while pulling cath out into its sheeth, no drips
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Is there any difference between the VaPro Plus Pocket catheter and the VaPro Plus catheter?