Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Santa, what happened to a cure for christmas?

Blog Entries

Hey Santa, what happened to a cure for christmas?

Was I not a good boy last year?
    This makes it 17 years of coal-sci in my stocking.
    Damn, I'm beginning to think there's no such thing as Santa?

Take a look at https://www.nervgenpharma.com/technology

If you're in the US, find how much it would cost to buy the company and make this life altering technology public domain so other scientists can experiment and build upon on.

You'll get a cure. In 5 more years.

It looks like I write @ 100 posts a year.

Blog Entries
    If Go-Fund-Me.com could raise $400k for a druggie-bum based on a bogus empathy scam schemed by some woman & her boyfriend, surely a real scientific breakthrough might garner some attention. I'd give my last nickel just to be able to back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post

If you're in the US, find how much it would cost to buy the company and make this life altering technology public domain so other scientists can experiment and build upon on.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Pete, (5 yrs) just what my MD said in '02

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
    You'll get a cure. In 5 more years.

It looks like I write @ 100 posts a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Thanks Pete, (5 yrs) just what my MD said in '02
    That's what I was told in rehab in 1983. "5 Years" -- the greatest story ever told.
    Last edited by stephen212; 12-26-2018 at 01:04 PM.

I was told that in 1973.. Yep best one ever told. And people still seem to think it'll change in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post

I'd say doing this will result in more scientists wasting time playing about it their labs.

It might be a better use of the money to invest it in the company and drive it to market as fast as possible - rather than going slower because of fewer resources and time wasted chasing investment.

I think this goes for all companies in this space, there is a lack of commercial investment. Pushing these companies to success or failure as fast as possible might get us there.

Yet I asked Renetx if I could invest in their company and they said they didn't need money, but FDA Approval. They've waited since spring at least for approval and said they'd start their phase 1 clinical trial by the end of this year. Why should it take so long for approval so safety can be determined???????? ARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Yet I asked Renetx if I could invest in their company and they said they didn't need money, but FDA Approval. They've waited since spring at least for approval and said they'd start their phase 1 clinical trial by the end of this year. Why should it take so long for approval so safety can be determined???????? ARGH!
    I wouldn't take this one to represent how all of the companies are working. They have the near guarantee of $7M from WfL to get to that stage. When I spoke with their CEO (a year ago though) they hadn't raised the money for the company side. I'd guess they will wait until they need it after the WfL money has moved them forward and removed a lot of the unknowns and risks to investors. That would make it easier for them to raise and also give them a better valuation.

Good point about when the phase 1 will start though, I'll ask.