Thread: Baclofen pump for C3 / C4?

Baclofen pump for C3 / C4?

Does anyone have experience using a baclofen pump for a C3 / C4 injury to control arm spasms? I am getting conflicting data with some saying the pump was not designed to reach such a high level injury. If it helps I was complete but I'm no incomplete.

What does your physician say? Are you on a ventilator? What is your respiratory status? All of this information, in conjunction with your spasticity is important in deciding whether or not you should have a trial with it.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

The ITB pump is put in highest at the T3-4 level. Botox or Phenol would have to be used for upper extremity spasticity if needed. The ITB pump infusion does not affect spasticity in the upper extremities or upper torso much.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

First off, thank you for the replies. I spent 562 days in a number of hospitals and met with many physicians in physiatrist as you can imagine. I received conflicting information from a few.
    I started life on a ventilator after being declared dead and it gradually progressed to the point where I am now in Asia C incomplete. I'm off the vent and I know it home and if graduated to the point where I can take steps with a walker and with physical therapist there to catch me if I fall.
    The biggest issue at this point is asbestos the spasticity in my arms and I will be seeing a physiatrist on Thursday who I'm sure will bring up the baclofen pump.
    Thanks again for your professional opinion and input on this as it seems to align with one of the best physiatrist I met with about a year ago in Connecticut. My apologies for any typos but I'm trying to do this with my Clumsy fingers and voice to text.