Thread: Bladder Management Strategies... in Pants

Bladder Management Strategies... in Pants

I?m trying to figure out the best way to manage my bladder while wearing pants.

I am able to void by tapping around my pubic bone, so over the summer I would pull up a leg of my shorts and go into a 1000ml plastic urinal. Now that it?s getting cold out I?d like to wear pants, but I?m unable to pull the waistband down and get the urinal into a position to go into.

I?ve tried some adaptive pants without much luck.

I?d like to avoid going back to a leg bag/condom cath, but don?t see an alternative at this point.

What do other people do?

I will leave this up to the true experts.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Are you wearing drawstring or elastic slacks, or do you have a fly?

This device which works for some men who cath in their chair might be helpful. We used to put a piece of Velcro on the front and onto a urinal as well, so you could keep the urinal in place while emptying the bladder. It would also work for voiding into the urinal if you put the Velcro and urinal in the right position.

https://www.allegromedical.com/cathe...n-p189070.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks for your reply!

I do have one of those, but still haven’t been able to get me and the urinal into a working position. That’s interesting about velcro’ing the urinal to this tool though. That would free up one of my hands. Definitely worth a shot.

And I’m really looking for solutions for any type of pants.