Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: power chair batteries

thanks ill check it out i may wait as the warranty isnt out till march i dont use it in the winter
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/slag12=31j

is what i got from them there a duracell gelbattery the things just dont seem to be holding a charge after a half mile trip around my neighborhood all 3 green indicator lights are gone and im in the prange its a jazzy1113ats it has a meter on back were charger is and it shows half used i think these are just bad batteries
    Likely so -- unless the batteries are the wrong "chemistry" for the charger. Or, the charger is defective.

[Different battery chemistries require different charging algorithms and voltages]

It sure would be nice if manufacturers would make it possible to examine actual battery (pack) voltages instead of just dumbing things down to idiot lights (and requiring a service visit to get a tech to check the actual voltages).

well t left me stranded out in the driveway today no lights on exept the speed indicator lights and they flash back and forth my buddy pushed it in plugged in battery is now fully charged orat least the meter dropped to zero still wont even move when he has time were gonna return the batteries and check the charger output i did find this on board charger online

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/...40amponb1.html

couldnt really find any off board chargers for the jazzy11113 ats ill keep looking

how do i check the charger to see if its good the meter does work on it does that mean its working

The easiest way that I know of is to connect the charger and test the batteries with a volt meter, you should be getting at least 14 volts. If you have an onboard charger, and if there's a 3 pin port on the joystick module you can connect the voltage meter at that location. Connect the leads to the the two ports that are inline with each other.
    Last edited by Rustyjames; 11-17-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    The easiest way that I know of is to connect the charger and test the batteries with a volt meter, you should be getting at least 14 volts. If you have an onboard charger, and if there's a 3 pin port on the joystick module you can connect the voltage meter at that location. Connect the leads to the the two ports that are inline with each other.
    my controller has 3 holes is that what you mean to shove the meter in the holes that line up does it matter witch one goes were theres no positive or negative on my controller port
    and i do this while batteries are charging and if its reading 14 then charger is fine correct

No, it doesn't matter as long as you probe the two that are inline with each other. The meter will just read negative if they are reversed. Test will you have it connected to the charger, should be at least 28 volts. That will tell you your charger is at least functioning, but not the condition of the batteries.

I cant help but wonder if changing to a modern battery chemistry might help matters...

https://www.lithiumion-batteries.com...m-ion-battery/

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    No, it doesn't matter as long as you probe the two that are inline with each other. The meter will just read negative if they are reversed. Test will you have it connected to the charger, should be at least 28 volts. That will tell you your charger is at least functioning, but not the condition of the batteries.
    its an on board charger do i check it somewere on the charger itself or at the joystick

i got the chair moving again some how i locked he controller when i was outside

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I cant help but wonder if changing to a modern battery chemistry might help matters...

https://www.lithiumion-batteries.com...m-ion-battery/
    these are under warranty but ill keep those on the back burner