Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TiLite ZR

I'm guessing 19.5" front 16" rear, seat depth=frame depth, COG=2.0"?

CAD drawing
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Darn. I would have nailed it if I didn't have to guess where the bend started. (Front would be ~19.5 if it used 17" deep seat upholstery instead of 16"). One thing I've noticed since custom frame depths became more popular is that TiLite still uses the edge of the upholstery for front STF height (not the highest point of the frame) . That difference can be significant for some users--especially with +2 or +3 frames.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    One thing I've noticed since custom frame depths became more popular is that TiLite still uses the edge of the upholstery for front STF height (not the highest point of the frame).
    SCI_OTR: such a sharp eye for the subtlest details! Interesting detail that I had not previously thought of but makes perfect sense. The additional frame length, at least when only modestly longer, does not change the the seat-to-footrest height, so the front edge of the seat base is the true front seat height.

i would say try before u buy is more safer if your area has a dealer, as this chair don't come cheap. My country's distributor/pharmacy doesn't stock TiLite wheelchair especially ZR, (quoted me USD5K with basic configuration for the ZRA) no way u can test with it. Luckily all came fit, only a matter of time to get used to it now, big thanks to Stephen's help, or else wrong measurements will be a disaster, we don't have medical insurance like you guys, hv to pay by our own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Sin View Post
    i would say try before u buy is more safer if your area has a dealer, as this chair don't come cheap. My country's distributor/pharmacy doesn't stock TiLite wheelchair especially ZR, (quoted me USD5K with basic configuration for the ZRA) no way u can test with it. Luckily all came fit, only a matter of time to get used to it now, big thanks to Stephen's help, or else wrong measurements will be a disaster, we don't have medical insurance like you guys, hv to pay by our own pocket.
    Unfortunately "trying before buying" is not readily achievable given that high-end manual chairs are custom fit to the user. Medical insurance in the US rarely pays for titanium frame chairs. Buyers have to make a best educated decision -- I know I have.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Unfortunately "trying before buying" is not readily achievable given that high-end manual chairs are custom fit to the user. Medical insurance in the US rarely pays for titanium frame chairs. Buyers have to make a best educated decision -- I know I have.
    noted, haha

Yep. But worth the investment if done right. My ZRc works and looks almost as good today as it did way back when.