Thread: Permobil C500 seat tilt stops halfway

Permobil C500 seat tilt stops halfway

My C500 suddenly stops halfway when tilting the seat back. Any idea what might be causing this? I do use this chair mowing grass with a push mower. Is it possible something needs to be cleaned? Grass clippings maybe? Thanks for any suggestions- it?s about 12 years old it?s only about 5 years old condition-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickib View Post
    My C500 suddenly stops halfway when tilting the seat back. Any idea what might be causing this? I do use this chair mowing grass with a push mower. Is it possible something needs to be cleaned? Grass clippings maybe? Thanks for any suggestions- it?s about 12 years old it?s only about 5 years old condition-wise.
    You haven't explicitly indicated whether or not any errors are being thrown when this occurs. I'll assume not.

I'm not familiar with this particular chair (actuator/control system) but I know the actuators on the m500 can become "uncalibrated" -- lose track of their physical degree of extension (there's a sensor embedded in the actuator that informs the ICS control module of the actuator's current PHYSICAL degree of extension; this is used for memory and, I assume, "limit of travel" protection). However, I thought this was only possible through carelessness (allowing the actuator to be mechanically manipulated while DISCONNECTED from the chair).

Have you verified that this behavior is consistent REGARDLESS OF THE POSITIONS OF THE OTHER ACTUATORS, at the time? (i.e., that it is not a limitation imposed because the seat is elevated or some other criteria)

[which "seating system" is on the chair?]