Thread: Bowel question

Bowel question

C4 quadriplegic, 32 years post injury. I've had very soft yellowish stools for the last two weeks. Wondering what could cause this. I have a history of stomach pain, although the stretch it seems to be more than usual. I test my urine routinely as I have reoccurring UTI (Pseudomonas). While only checking mainly for leukocytes, I noticed the urobillinogen was extremely high level on the test strip, I'm wondering if this could have any correlation, or just coincidence. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock88 View Post
    C4 quadriplegic, 32 years post injury. I've had very soft yellowish stools for the last two weeks. Wondering what could cause this. I have a history of stomach pain, although the stretch it seems to be more than usual. I test my urine routinely as I have reoccurring UTI (Pseudomonas). While only checking mainly for leukocytes, I noticed the urobillinogen was extremely high level on the test strip, I'm wondering if this could have any correlation, or just coincidence. Thanks!
    Changes in stool color can be a result of changes in medications and diet. If you haven't added any new medications and your diet hasn't changed, ask your doctor for a liver panel blood test to eliminate any issues with your liver function.

Yes no changes in medications or diet. Guess I'll have to give the doctor a call. Thanks!

Are you eating enough iron? I would recommend a multivitamin for your age/sex with minerals. ie... Iron for RDA.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.