Thread: 2002 chevy venture activan with ricon folding ramp parts!

2002 chevy venture activan with ricon folding ramp parts!

Hey everyone I have a backup mini van it's a 2002 Chevy Venture with an Activan conversion. I need to replace the actuator and motor assembly that fold the ramp in. It has been getting weaker over the years. Everything else checks out. If someone could point me in the right direction or to a replacement part it would be much appreciated.

Linak 12 volt , LA 30.3S
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by darty; 11-01-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    ^^(A)^^

Try web search on those numbers to see if you can come up with something. More than likely it's the motor itself going bad. You might even be able to go with another brand actuator

What are the symptoms? Does the motor not respond or does it make a grinding sound? You have nothing to loose, try taking it apart and fixing it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I searched on the make and model number but the company is based in Denmark and the US branch will only sell to distributors. I checked with a few distributors and they all want an arm and a leg. I see them all, over Ebay and Amazon but am unsure on which one to buy.

I already had it pulled apart but the bearings are sealed and are not serviceable. The motor moves ever so slightly to try and close but then hangs up and needs to be helped.
    ^^(A)^^

I looked at ebay too, none of those appeared to match at the present time. What I would do next is separate the motor from the actuator and try the motor again. If it is still sluggish, it's the motor, if it spins it's the actuator. If the motor, see if you can service the brushes. I'm suggesting just using the motor part.
    Last edited by nonoise; 11-01-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I had the motor tested, taken apart and cleaned the bearings are bad and are sealed so they cannot be serviced. That's why I am looking to replace the complete unit and it doesen't have to be the exact same one. I am open to one from another manufacturer as long as it works.
    ^^(A)^^

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    I had the motor tested, taken apart and cleaned the bearings are bad and are sealed so they cannot be serviced. That's why I am looking to replace the complete unit and it doesen't have to be the exact same one. I am open to one from another manufacturer as long as it works.
    Ebay has some motors that "might" match up on the cheap. It's a gamble. I put "12v actuator" in the ebay search box. This is one of the hits. You've probably found it already. https://www.ebay.com/itm/S4-12V-24v-DC-electric-linear-actuator-4-stroke-solar-tracker-Robotics-Rc-Robot-/223204489507

There are lots of other options within that search criteria.
    Last edited by nonoise; 11-01-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Thank you for that link. I have found tons of actuators and motors all over the internet but I guess I thought someone had done this before and could point me to a replacement part. I'll have to do some more research and get better measurements of mine to try to match it up.
    ^^(A)^^