Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Once Paralyzed, Three Men Take Steps Again With Spinal Implant (Gregoire Courtine)

Thank you so much for your answer.

That is impressive and meaningful return. I have been in a chair for 20 years and in a health perspective and as a preparation for future return it is very important.

To have an relatively cheap and easy way of kicking ones legs at home in the chair or bed is really useful.

So how does it feel when you turn on 1.21 gigawatts (sorry for the BTF-references). Controlled spasms? I have a feeling in my bode like an arm that is sleeping/the black and white blur on and old tv that changes when stimulated. Do you feel a power up/electric feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Thank you so much for your answer.

That is impressive and meaningful return. I have been in a chair for 20 years and in a health perspective and as a preparation for future return it is very important.

To have an relatively cheap and easy way of kicking ones legs at home in the chair or bed is really useful.

So how does it feel when you turn on 1.21 gigawatts (sorry for the BTF-references). Controlled spasms? I have a feeling in my bode like an arm that is sleeping/the black and white blur on and old tv that changes when stimulated. Do you feel a power up/electric feeling?
    I usually have it on 24 hours a day, if I go from seated to lying position with the intensity turned up I can feel the pulsing of the signal and it causes pretty intense spasm. I just turn the device down and it goes away, this happens because the spinal cord moves around when you change positions and comes in closer contact with the electrode that is implanted. Most of the feeling that I get from having it on is just tightness in the lower abdominal area since the implanted electrode paddle is at t-12, L-1 area.
    Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
    -A.E.

Love your sig MN_Adam.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Hello MN, any improvements in Bowel & Bladder function. Thanks for the updates. wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    Hello MN, any improvements in Bowel & Bladder function. Thanks for the updates. wish you well.
    I have increased frequency of Bowel function... daily vs every few days. Nothing significant for controlling functions of bladder/bowel voluntarily at this point.
    Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
    -A.E.

Thank you for the updates. Wish you well.

A conference was held in the rehabilitation center where I was hospitalized. I've found articles only in italian and spanish.

https://www.repubblica.it/salute/med...ss_-223172520/

https://ahoraroma.com/2019/04/04/tra...aminar-medula/
    T4 AIS A since 07/05/2017

"We lie the best when we lie to ourselves."