Thread: Hannah Gavios

Hannah Gavios

Hannah Gavios story was brought to my attention today. Anyone that hasn't read the article may want to take a look at it. She plans on running a marathon. She is training up to six hours a day. This training includes 16 miles a day of roadwork.

I am not sure what type of braces she is wearing on her legs. They look hydraulic. If anyone has any information on these leg braces and how they help her walk or run please reply to this thread. By the way, my physical therapist (specializes in SCI) is at a loss as well.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/21/woman-...-nyc-marathon/

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

How about trying to contact her directly.

I called the Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation this morning. Left a message. Waiting to hear back.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I called the Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation this morning. Left a message. Waiting to hear back.
    hare the info she is bad..... can I say a little enviuos

My physical therapist, Julia, believes it is this one. Thanks Julia!

ExoSym? Leg Brace

If you have experienced a severe lower limb injury, perhaps even limb salvage surgery, you may be wondering if you will ever get your life back. You may have tried traditional ankle-foot orthoses (AFOs) but still experienced limited movement or pain.

You're not alone. Some people in similar situations have even chosen amputation as a way to move on, since it is now possible to live an active life with prostheses.

However, the decision to amputate is irreversible. If you are determined to get back to work and to an active lifestyle, Hanger Clinic has another solution to offer: the ExoSym? kinetic orthosis.

http://www.hangerclinic.com/bracing-...ge-Exosym.aspx

--General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com