Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tic, toc, ti i c, t o c

Tic, toc, ti i c, t o c

` The clock is winding down. 64 years have now passed since I crossed over into the SCI world. I am getting weary from the struggle. Aging does not help either. Next month there will be 81 years of wear and tear on this body. Maybe I am wiser, but even that is disputable. It is a cold, dreary, and rainy day in South Carolina. I guess that is influencing my mood. But the warmth that comes from being surrounded by the CC Community takes the edge off. It's good to be among people who truly understand and care. I appreciate that.

I'd really be interested in a life satisfaction study done on different ages, different ages of onset, different abilities etc. The older I get the worse it gets. And angry. I'm just angry all of the time.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

So how did you get wiser? I've been doing this 36 years and all my friends say I'm the same dumb ass I ever was>

Sounds like a down day you're having 55. SCIs suck but you don't.

You're a bad ass 55! Keep on truckin!

Hey 55 you just keep on keeping' on. I'd brag on you any day that I know the oldest quad on the planet.

I asked on another thread why you post count is at 19, now 20. I found you at a count near 8000. It doesn't seem like your screen name has changed from the one posted below.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The first and original account name includes a period (.) at the end, while the new one does not, so two different accounts.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    You are awesome '55+. Everyone is better for knowing you, of that I have no doubt.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Yes, the struggle goes on. I've got a few more years than you, similar but different issues. I try to keep changing my techniques for independent care, based on waning strength. This month is the first time ever I've had to ask for help - a minor thing, but had to clear my head about it and be grateful the help was there.
    Best to you........!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The first and original account name includes a period (.) at the end, while the new one does not, so two different accounts.

(KLD)
    Was there a problem on the original account?

SCI 55, you're pretty amazing. It's been 42 years sci for me, hard to imagine doing another 22 years like this.

Hang in there.. brighter days ahead!