Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tic, toc, ti i c, t o c

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    So how did you get wiser? I've been doing this 36 years and all my friends say I'm the same dumb ass I ever was>
    It is all experience. For aexample, I learned that trampolines are dangerous and I never got back on one.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Was there a problem on the original account?
    It is probably just an alter ego. Even 55 is allowed a dark alter internet ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    It is probably just an alter ego. Even 55 is allowed a dark alter internet ego.
    Actually just wondering if it was SCI55+'s choice to change his screen name or was it something more nefarious and had something to do with a security issue/breach of this site. If it is a security issue, I'd like to know what I (or any of us) might be facing by using this site.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Actually just wondering if it was SCI55+'s choice to change his screen name or was it something more nefarious and had something to do with a security issue/breach of this site. If it is a security issue, I'd like to know what I (or any of us) might be facing by using this site.
    There was a discussion 2-3 months ago that focused on the use of 55 since it was outdated. I approved the insertion of + after 55. The change was made and everyone seemed happy.`Recently, however, the + disappeared. Jim corrected it but the Chinese must be mad at me. Seriously, there must be a software glitch. There should not be two versions of me. As for the Chinese, a while back Jim reported that someone did attempt to get into my CC data. I traced the would-be intruder's ip address to a user in China.
    Last edited by SCIfor55+yrs; 10-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55+yrs View Post
    There was a discussion 2-3 months ago that focused on the use of 55 since it was outdated. I approved the insertion of + after 55. The change was made and everyone seemed happy.`Recently, however, the + disappeared. Jim corrected it but the Chinese must be mad at me. Seriously, there must be a software glitch. There should not be two versions of me. As for the Chinese, a while back Jim reported that someone did attempt to get into my CC data. I traced the would-be intruder's ip address to a user in China.
    So making our profile as bare bones as possible is probably a good idea. Care Cure Community is not an "https" (secure website) My settings remind me of this every time I log on. If someone needs to know what my injury level is or my location when I posting on a thread they can ask.

HTTP VS HTTPS. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.

Profile edited to absolute minimal information. Yes, sorry to have to say, I am paranoid about the internet.
    Last edited by gjnl; 10-27-2018 at 03:37 PM.

gj, that is such a helpful post. I've followed your lead and edited my profile to bare bones.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions