Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

Ghaaaa, I suspect my head will start hurting shortly and I'll ditch this idea. Anyway...internet says Xbox X beats the PS4 Pro in this game title. Does the PS4 Pro make the Xbox X look silly elsewhere? I envision only playing slow strategy style games as my last foray into gaming around 10 years ago resulted in getting seasick playing shoot 'em up games. I guess I want the best picture and 4K as I'll be running a 75" display. So which one with this style in mind?

I'm on PSN and Xbox live but I mainly play PC strategy games like Civ V and VI.
    Got the Xbox One X connected and installed RDR2 last night (long installation time), but haven't played any as it was time for Zzzzz.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Blog Entries
    The game is nearly 100GB! Takes forever to install. Worth it though. No spoilers, but I finished the story. Went way too quick! Missed soooooo much. My advice: take it SLOW. Do all the quests and missions labeled in White for your region FIRST. Doing the Yellow ones will blast you through the main narrative and cut off lots of the White side narratives as you move along. I've started over already.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Morning, partners!
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ghaaaa, I suspect my head will start hurting shortly and I'll ditch this idea. Anyway...internet says Xbox X beats the PS4 Pro in this game title. Does the PS4 Pro make the Xbox X look silly elsewhere? I envision only playing slow strategy style games as my last foray into gaming around 10 years ago resulted in getting seasick playing shoot 'em up games. I guess I want the best picture and 4K as I'll be running a 75" display. So which one with this style in mind?
    How close do you sit to the TV and it's it 4k?

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    How close do you sit to the TV and it's it 4k?
    10' and yes. 4K stuff is rather amazing, sure beats NTSC, lol. How people watched tv back in the day is a mystery of which I cannot believe I participated in.

I guess next week there will be like $100 off the Xbox X and some sort of bundle deal, relatively good chance I might add this to the list of shopping

At that distance you'll notice a difference for sure so you'll want 4k which means XBOX (XBox One X). It looks great on my new set, though I do notice occasional slowdowns at 4k. The HDR effects are nice as well. I also discovered that my new LG does have a 120 Hz mode for 1080p. Not that I'll be using it any time soon.

I bought an xbox bundle on Newegg that included a 1TB Xbox One X, NBA game and RDR2 for $509. Seemed pretty decent.

Yeah, I got a 50" 4K screen in the bedroom, doubt I could actually see 4K on that, actually fairly sure I cant. But 75" really brings out the resolution of 4K.

Please tell me, you did get the 77" OLED, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yeah, I got a 50" 4K screen in the bedroom, doubt I could actually see 4K on that, actually fairly sure I cant. But 75" really brings out the resolution of 4K.

Please tell me, you did get the 77" OLED, right?
    No sir. Way too big for the bedroom. Have a 65" in the gym/game room but that's pre OLED.
    We have an unobtrusive TV in the main floor living space, but a big TV would be totally out of place there. Once laser projectors get to 4k I'm planning to remove the TV entirely and go with a retractable screen under the mantle. That way it's tv-free space unless it's movie or game watching time. Still not a great TV space during the day as the entire South side is windows so very bright.

... And now that I've checked the price on the 75" OLED, uh, no. I don't see me spending north of $6,500 for a TV.
    A handcycle? Sure. A vacation? maybe. But not a TV.