Thread: fecal watery burnt skiin

fecal watery burnt skiin

did feel wattery fecal discharge lastt nite. skin is raw red half dollar size how do i treat.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Dry it, get off it. I had this, it turned into a stage 4 wound+. C dif and dam near killed me. Took 2 years of work to straighten it out.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Dry it, get off it. I had this, it turned into a stage 4 wound+. C dif and dam near killed me. Took 2 years of work to straighten it out.
    Just what i'm doing. but do i put any ointment on it?
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

If skin not broken, something like A&D. If you have to sit on it, try Mepilex border. Take probiotics for the the runs.

Blog Entries
    I have been using Verericyn AH HydroGel for a number of years on anything skin related, and it really speeds up healing.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 25 years post injury

I would clean and try Triple Antibiotic ointment. You definitely need to clean and protect it from further exposure to stool. Do not put pressure or shear on it.
    Mepitel or Mepilex with border are bothgood. A hydrocolloid (Duoderm) would also be good - with border to make water tight.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.