Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ti lite tr

calling ti lite this am to double check on the wd 40 as I was told never but I bought some steel wool

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    calling ti lite this am to double check on the wd 40 as I was told never but I bought some steel wool
    WD40 is Ok but ATF/kero mix is a good penetrant.
    Keep your axle clean, no lube or just dry lube or polish with beeswax. Oil and grease just attracts grit and dust then becomes either a grinding paste or a rusty bonding mix, or both.

well wd worked got it out cleaned and dried with alchol then rubbed it wth steelwool wiped down with gauze. with the hurricane sand is everywhere

ok you guys rock need more info changed caster 1 is fine but whoever changed it last the right 1 is striped the screws are they special screws or can us get them from ace hardware
    funny how its always the left caster to go

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    ok you guys rock need more info changed caster 1 is fine but whoever changed it last the right 1 is striped the screws are they special screws or can us get them from ace hardware
    funny how its always the left caster to go
    I think you mean the caster axle bolt. If Ace doesn't have the correct one, try Home Depot or Lowes. It's surprising what they have in stock. Check the nut too, should repace it at the same time. Be sure to get one with the nylon locking insert which goes on the outside.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

double up reply
    Last edited by slow_runner; 10-26-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I think you mean the caster axle bolt. If Ace doesn't have the correct one, try Home Depot or Lowes. It's surprising what they have in stock. Check the nut too, should repace it at the same time. Be sure to get one with the nylon locking insert which goes on the outside.
    Or if you have to use a standard nut, clinch it (stake it), threadlock it, or both