Thread: surelock or d-lock, where to get Carbon fiber seat

surelock or d-lock, where to get Carbon fiber seat

Hi All,

I was wondering if I might get some suggestions with locks and seat. I have been reading posts for about 3 hours and have learned a lot. I've been a chair for 30+ years, but never even used brakes before the last couple of years, and now I need a good locking system. The one that come on chairs are thumb killers or don't lock for crap. I have read that Surelocks are great and to Jack @ (866) 315-3327) to be certain about getting a discount that I read on here. Well I have called that number and there is no answer and the website is for sale. Does anyone know if they are still in business? Any suggestions on a good lock, and/or you experiences?

Not the carbon fiber seat pan. I have never had one and DMI is expensive, I think. Reading here sounds like buying a sheet from
    dragonplate and either drilling or using velcro is cheaper. I am 200lbs in an 18" tilite areo z with an aluminum seat pan. Would I be dropping a lot of weight from the chair if I changed? Everything helps as my shoulders are really starting to feeling the years of transferring and chair in/out of the car. Would love to hear anyones experience with this. How exactly would one cut and what size/thickness would one purchase?

Thanks for any help.

D's Locks: http://teamhoc.com/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

d's hands down. the best. i've been using them for many years
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I use Sureloc, it's a great system. The customer service has always been spotty and replacement are expensive. Jack seems older and crabby!! Would not recommend.

Thanks everyone for some direction. I will be looking for some D's Locks now. Anyone know where to get the best price?

I am still hoping someone might help me with the Carbon Fiber seat. I am pretty sure I want to get one. Seems getting one from dragonplate and installing it is the way to go. I am just not sure what I would buy, or size/thickness.