Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reality about cure of SCI

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The latest ChABC + oNPCs paper is out and the results, provided the can be repeated and extended to multiple treatments in humans, are huge news for younger SCIs. This was an animal study where a single treatment (2 injections one week apart) measurably and statistically improved function in rats that were 6 weeks post injury. It's a very thorough paper.

Too bad I'm not younger as this could be something in 20 years.
    Link?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Sorry, I was on my phone multitasking and didn't provide the link. Personally, if you're an SCI or have a loved one who is and you're not signed up for GRAMMY's email updates then you should be. Best way to keep on top of what's going on in SCI cure research. Anyway, my oldest son is a microbiologist so I sent the link to him to read as well. Assuming that multiple treatments are an option that produces ongoing improvements...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Blog Entries
    I signed my rat up for the news letter. He seems excited.

Sorry, I was on my phone multitasking and didn't provide the link. Personally, if you're an SCI or have a loved one who is and you're not signed up for GRAMMY's email updates then you should be. Best way to keep on top of what's going on in SCI cure research. Anyway, my oldest son is a microbiologist so I sent the link to him to read as well. Assuming that multiple treatments are an option that produces ongoing improvements...
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I signed my rat up for the news letter. He seems excited.
    I'm still in that "luck is when preparation meets opportunity" camp, as I'm not going to be the guy who is too atrophied to be a candidate for some future treatment.
    It's a long-long-shot in my lifetime, but the effort to be plugged in and in shape isn't that terrible.

And to think my last post on here was erased..... Agree 110% to the original post here. My email has been sent to Jim, still waiting for an email with "news" I am with others though, keep in shape and try not to atrophy just in "case" we ever see it

Quote Originally Posted by Ajstevens View Post
    And to think my last post on here was erased..... Agree 110% to the original post here. My email has been sent to Jim, still waiting for an email with "news" I am with others though, keep in shape and try not to atrophy just in "case" we ever see it

Why do you think was the reason your last post was erased? What was it?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Personally, if you're an SCI or have a loved one who is and you're not signed up for GRAMMY's email updates then you should be. Best way to keep on top of what's going on in SCI cure research.
    Thank you Mize! I'm glad you appreciate the email updates. It makes me feel like the work and sharing it are worth the time spent following sci cure research.

I would be lost without them Grammy. I probably read at least half of them partially and some every unpronounceable word!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Still have scars from a remedy burning moss on one's Chakras on the back.
    Wow!! Back when I was first injured (35 years ago) I consented to allow a wackjob acupuncturist to burn mugwort directly on my skin including my lower back. That got old very fast.