Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bladder Botox = 3 colonoscopies

I thought about the idea of no anesthesia. I'm a T3 complete but have some sensation as low at T7. I have not experienced AD in the 3 years since my SCI, *but* I do have some very, very mild urethra/urinary sphincter sensation...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Seems the only procedures that you can get a straight answer on are elective cosmetic procedures from a dermatologist and dental procedures like cleaning, xrays, crowns, fillings etc. We are covered by Medicare and don't have an additional dental insurance policy (which I understand are basically useless anyway), so it is all out of pocket, cash payments.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    All of my bladder Botox procedures were done without anesthesia. I am C6/7 complete. All of my bladder Botox procedures were done at UCSF (University of California San Francisco) by a l highly renowned neurourologist who was the father of a neurourology stimulators.
    Mind if I ask who you see for your procedures?

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I thought about the idea of no anesthesia. I'm a T3 complete but have some sensation as low at T7. I have not experienced AD in the 3 years since my SCI, *but* I do have some very, very mild urethra/urinary sphincter sensation...
    Yeah, I’d be a little worried if I had any sensation down there. AD or no, it seems like a painful procedure if you’ve got any functioning nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post

Both were mild sedation. The Botox was propofol and the colonoscopy was Demerol plus something I can't remember that I think started with a V.
    Probably Versed. A great drug because you are still semi-conscious, but will wake up with no memory of the actual procedure (amnesia). Also does not depress respiration as much as Propofol.

Conscious (also called "moderate") sedation does not prevent AD, so if you are at risk, you should have a discussion with your physician about monitoring your blood pressure and intervening to treat any AD that should occur during the procedure.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.