Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gabapentin next medicine to become super controlled

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy View Post
    how is lyrica abused? I read all these online things about kids taking gabapentin for highs, and I was Rx 4800mg a day for many years and on 3600 mg a day for over 10 years, Plus I had Fentora and methadone, I just don't see gabapentin as a harmful drug, or maybe my brain is calloused, cause gabapentin is not going to get me high,not hat I want to get high, I want the pain be gone,which it really is with this intrathecal pump

I mean you could go drink shoe polish and get some kind of high too. I remember cutting through this woods on ft bragg to get to the PX and there were like 50 to 60 bags of wonder bread with liquid black shoe polish poured down the middle in this one secluded area. I am not sure what they were doing but spit shinning the jump boots wasn't one of them
    I'm with you, metro. I've never had lyrica or gabapentin, but I've seen plenty of people on these meds. Maybe high doses make you feel a little loopy if you're not taking them regularly, but there's a lot worse things people could be taking too much of, like whip cream chargers that you can buy in bulk on the internet, or massive doses of over the coutner immodium.

People do weird stuff to feel "different", I'd have trouble calling gabapentin a "high".

Over 35 years, I've had neurologists prescribe a wide range of drugs for pain and have given them all a try..pills, pumps yada yada yada, but NONE of them have worked for me (I am c6/7 complete)

The point is most of these drugs don't work and your doctor is just grasping at straws to make you think he knows what he is doing.

Sorry to deliver that news, but in my situation that has been my experience.

Best to you if you have a better outcome than I have had.

I really hate this. If gabapentin somehow enhances the high of illegal opioids, it seems to me the solution is better policing of illegal opioids. I've used gabapentin for 10 years and the only effect other than relief of neuropathic pain is it makes me sleepy. Whoopie.

nm

no message, see other message
    Last edited by metronycguy; 10-21-2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: delete

Quote Originally Posted by paraparajumper View Post
    What dosage are you on? Been going through goddamn hell with this pump
    I have hydromorphone in the pump, with a 2 hr bolus . I am not sure of the dosing, but the main thing is I am prescribed oral pain meds for when the pump doesn't cover the pain.
    cauda equina

Thanks KLD for supplying the info, Known as the "messenger" in case I go on a rant. I read most of the info except for the ones that wanted money for more than an abstract. Here is how the gotta get high folks I know approach the available drugs.

Gabapentin is pretty easy to get since it it the 4th largest prescribed med, therefore it is readily available if anyone wants it. I just read the methadone and gabapentin mix to increase the methadone high. The addicts have been using anything and everything to mix with methadone since the methadone program was started, I do not believe methadone gives anyone a" high" on its own. That is why the addicts have been drinking with it and trying any and all drugs with it since the methadone program began What these researchers do not realize is if xanax were available , and they had a choice of xanax or gabapentin, it will be xanax hands down. Due to the tightening of controls xanax is harder to get than gabapentin, and the price will reflect that, , so they take the gabapentin, smoke some weed, drink a couple 40's and look for other drugs that may help their high. , but give them the choice of xanax or any other benzo and gabapentin is forgotten until it is the only thing left,
    cauda equina