Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally gonna try to use Medicare to get a chair

I have only gotten chairs from private insurance not medicade, but it is my understanding that private insurers use the same criteria. I was able to get a TR3 paid for because I get in and out of my car quite a bit during the day and am developing shoulder problems (the latter also got me a smartdrive). Not sure if it is relevant, but you never know.

good luck getting medicare to cover titanium i was unable to get it covered and my PT and DME worked their asses off to try to get it covered, notes upon notes, justification upon justification to no avail, i had major shoulder surgery a few years back along with other issues i finally settled on a tilt aero z with as much modifications to make it as light as i could get it.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

I bought my last 2 T6's from Sportaid out of pocket. I think then there was an upcharge of about 100.00 to taper the front end more than 2.5" narrower than front of seat. It used to be on the Sportaid order form as an upcharge option.

Blog Entries
    Thanks you. Definitely will inquire about that.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    good luck getting medicare to cover titanium i was unable to get it covered and my PT and DME worked their asses off to try to get it covered, notes upon notes, justification upon justification to no avail, i had major shoulder surgery a few years back along with other issues i finally settled on a tilt aero z with as much modifications to make it as light as i could get it.
    It might be harder for you not having a complete injury.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I have only gotten chairs from private insurance not medicade, but it is my understanding that private insurers use the same criteria. I was able to get a TR3 paid for because I get in and out of my car quite a bit during the day and am developing shoulder problems (the latter also got me a smartdrive). Not sure if it is relevant, but you never know.
    my private ins always covers my tilites tr3/zr. i think the issue is the amount they cover
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    It might be harder for you not having a complete injury.
    complete or incomplete shouldn't and dosen't matter.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    complete or incomplete shouldn't and dosen't matter.
    Shouldn't is the opinion of the consumer, but it is the insurance companies that would be the ones that decides the doesn't

I've had great results in getting titanium wheelchairs approved. Not so much in actually getting the chair.

Good luck on the journey...you sure you didn't get the ex-J&J Ibot salesman there? lol Those grandiose claims of insurance approval expertise sure sound familiar