Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Finally gonna try to use Medicare to get a chair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    What did you end up going with?
    More or less a bone stock Aero Z. I'd spent $12k+ out of pocket on wheelchairs over the past 10 years. My goal this time was to pay as little as possible, and see what happened. My copay for this chair was ~$200. It has just arrived and I'm setting it up. I'll post a thread after I'm done. Spoiler alert: Compared to my 2 $6,500 Lasher BT-Mg chairs, for such a fraction of the price, it's a better chair. The vast difference in price has almost zero value in performance and only a tiny in weight. Stay tuned for the details.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I thought the Lasher was significantly less weight.

Blog Entries
    So did I, and it is, from a particular point of view (raw frames).

Weight is a tricky thing to compare, though. The devil is in the accessories.

Bottom line is this: You can accessorize the "lightest metal frame chair in the world" until it weighs just a few pounds less than a factory stock TiLite Aero Z more thoughtfully accessorized.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments