Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Finally gonna try to use Medicare to get a chair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Top End is no longer making everyday wheelchairs.
    Well, shit. Guess they should have charged more for their chairs.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Depending on your choices for bells and whistles, Box chairs are competitive. You can see on their website their biggest customer base is sports people. So their thing is working with the customer to meet needs precisely. How competitive? You have to run through their pricing boxes or call them. They know steel.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I tried working with Topend for a chair, and it was a whole new circle of hell, the response times alone where a strategy of attrition to make you go and work with another manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Well, shit. Guess they should have charged more for their chairs.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    It would be nice to hear of folks experiences with Box chairs. Overall satisfaction vs $$$$$$ and how supportive they are once they sold the chair etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Depending on your choices for bells and whistles, Box chairs are competitive. You can see on their website their biggest customer base is sports people. So their thing is working with the customer to meet needs precisely. How competitive? You have to run through their pricing boxes or call them. They know steel.

HOC chairs are sick, definitely my next ride oddity.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    HOC chairs are sick, definitely my next ride oddity.
    Next time I'm willing to drop my own dime on a chair, I am right there with you.

edit:

Latest HoC Instagram post:

Last edited by Oddity; 05-11-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Those X-core wheels look great. But they are heavy, noisy, and bumpy. Never again.

Blog Entries
    Did you have the nylon or the carbon fiber?

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Those X-core wheels look great. But they are heavy, noisy, and bumpy. Never again.

yup, this is the el toro i believe, similar to the halls wheels chair that i loved. very reasonably priced as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Next time I'm willing to drop my own dime on a chair, I am right there with you.

edit:

Latest HoC Instagram post:

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    yup, this is the el toro i believe, similar to the halls wheels chair that i loved. very reasonably priced as well
    To me, the El Toro looks like an attempt to "improve" on Bob Hall's original design only to lose some of its essence. It not only requires more segments of tubing, they weld clamps on the ends of some segments to secure the carbon fiber sections in the frame (bottom pic). If the goal is to build a light, stiff, perfectly aligned frame, that is a lot of extra work with very little pay off. It seems like more of a marketing decision than a sound design choice.

I like Oracing's approach more. It features design characteristics of the Hallmark, but it still looks like an Oracing chair.

While Bob Halls original design is a classic, neither of the "neo-hallmark" designs is compatible with a SmartDrive. One thing that could allow either company to market their chair as a "modern take on an classic" would be to integrate the SmartDrive's interface at the back of center frame rail where the clamp would normally attach.
    Attached Images Attached Images